Author Topic: PCP discounts  (Read 2093 times)

Offline pendulum1997

• Not said much yet
PCP discounts
« on: 25 January 2016, 19:38 »
Was having a nosey round the various car broker's and looking at discounts on new GTI'S and was getting quoted around the 14-15% mark, does this seem reasonable to those who have recently ordered one. Or am I better off dangling various quotes in front of my local dealer and seeing if they can beat it?

Fairly new to the concept of PCP so if I'm going about it the wrong way someone feel free to show me the best methods to get the best deal.

Cheers in advance! 😆
2014 3 door Manual Carbon Grey GTI
18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams, Various OBD11 tweaks.

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
Re: PCP discounts
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2016, 20:57 »
I should think you can do better than that, I got 15% before all this emissions saga kicked off.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2016, 23:32 »
you could always try this place as your nearby see what kind of deal they offer  :smiley:

http://www.easternwestern.co.uk/volkswagen/gti-world/

Offline sotonjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2016, 23:37 »
When dealers talk about a % discount, the figure doesn't include VW finance contributions or loyalty offers etc.

A good price would therefore be between 10%-12% off list, then the £1250 finance contribution knocked off and, if you're eligible, the final £1000 loyalty bonus off.

Dealers only get 15% margin on a gti so they won't be discounting more than the figures above. As an example, Drive the Deal (who usually seem to be the best priced broker) were offering an 12% discount plus the £1250 deposit contribution.

Offline James86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2016, 06:56 »
I'm about to sign up for a PCP through Carwow. Got 15% off including the £1250 which I'm pretty happy with. Drive the Deal were about £600 cheaper but the dealer was miles away and wouldnt accept PX.

I test drove the car at my local dealer and took the carwow offer with me. They wouldn't give any more discount than the £1250 contribution and the sales manager said there's no chance of that deal being real. Bet he's not laughing so much now!
Current: 2011 BMW 120d Coupe

On Order: 2016 GTI PP DSG