Author Topic: GTI Clubsport.....Can't be long now  (Read 206377 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Clubsport sad news for now.....
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2016, 12:21 »
They can't even get their builder page to work right. Xenon so and keyless are just two things on their site that you can spec on a GTD but they are both standard.

Really? I'm just off their site speccing a GTD for a relative and never seen that.
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/extras/1523/1527
That would really annoy me as I've spent the last few months telling them how this, that and the next thing are all standard on the GTD  :shocked:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-estate-vii/configure/extras/2135/2136

Look at this link. I will post screenshots as soon as I find out how to from my iCrap device.

That's for the estate though. Maybe it has different standard features.
keyless isn't an option on that link and if you type in Xenon it shows what Xenon is standard with what looks like a different Xenon as an option.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2016, 18:40 »
They can't even get their builder page to work right. Xenon so and keyless are just two things on their site that you can spec on a GTD but they are both standard.

Really? I'm just off their site speccing a GTD for a relative and never seen that.
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/extras/1523/1527
That would really annoy me as I've spent the last few months telling them how this, that and the next thing are all standard on the GTD  :shocked:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-estate-vii/configure/extras/2135/2136

Look at this link. I will post screenshots as soon as I find out how to from my iCrap device.

That's for the estate though. Maybe it has different standard features.
keyless isn't an option on that link and if you type in Xenon it shows what Xenon is standard with what looks like a different Xenon as an option.

The estate come with keyless and active bending xenons as standard. The only thing you can't get on the estate is the sound and sport pack, active high beam and 19" wheels. It has all the same standard spec of the 5 door plus it gets tinted glass as standard.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2016, 18:54 »
Look at this for the Tiguan R line. Seemingly you get two satnavs.

Offline action09

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2016, 18:39 »
Was a bit p'd off with a probable July delivery (working one end March + 12 weeks) so I had a look at the M135i as an alternative as there are great discounts to be had.

1 thing..its fast!  But IMHO thats all it is, not special at all, interior is bland, driving position is awful (pedals too close) I had a sore hip after 30min test drive, knew about the looks but thought in the flesh they might improve.

Happy to wait!

Offline sotonjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2016, 21:53 »
Was a bit p'd off with a probable July delivery (working one end March + 12 weeks) so I had a look at the M135i as an alternative as there are great discounts to be had.

1 thing..its fast!  But IMHO thats all it is, not special at all, interior is bland, driving position is awful (pedals too close) I had a sore hip after 30min test drive, knew about the looks but thought in the flesh they might improve.

Happy to wait!

The BMW has a very configurable driving position and its natural position is much sportier than the Golf's. From your comments it's clear you didn't manage to get it set up properly which isn't surprising as there is more to it than on the golf.

The BMW is a much higher quality cabin so I don't know about 'bland'.

The BMW does have a cramped footwell, close pedals and an offset clutch pedal which all take some getting used too.

The cost of ownership on a BMW at £1000 deposit and £299 a month on a base spec 3 door car with 8k miles per annum does show how overpriced the Golf is though.

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 01 February 2016, 09:20 »
I was surprised how bland and non sporting the 135i interior is, it could have well been a 116i.
Personally I found the GTi a much better place to sit and a step up from the base Golf...each to their own.

The lack of Lsd in a 300bhp rwd car seems a serious and unforgivable omission to me.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2016, 15:31 »
Not sure about the higher quality cabin materials either, some materials in the 1 series look and feel very cheap and touches like flat bottomed steering wheel and stainless pedals make the performance Golf's stand out against the rest of the range. The 135i doesn't look special inside at all, less than said about external looks the better.  :whistle:

3 series interior looks and feels a lot better than that of the 1 series.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 07 February 2016, 23:33 »
Looks like the Clubsport could be worth the wait.

http://youtu.be/0Wfr6Ge_XHE

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2016, 09:47 »
That's the same video I posted to the forum on 27th November!

There doesn't seem to be anything new for now. What we really need is a proper road test.

GTi CS vs Golf R vs Focus RS vs AMG45 vs RS3 ..... or any combination of the above on UK roads, hopefully it won't be too far away?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2016, 17:19 »
Looks like the Clubsport could be worth the wait.

http://youtu.be/0Wfr6Ge_XHE
nice to see they used a ford man to set it up  :grin: