Author Topic: GTI Clubsport.....Can't be long now  (Read 206371 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: GTI Clubsport sad news for now.....
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2016, 07:35 »
Just some thoughts..

The standard 18's seem to be making German deliveries the latest, back to week 25 or so. Maybe this has an influence for us.

Price rise rumoured in Germany in March, anyone know something on this for UK?

And with later order opening, meaning the cut off for any loyalty discount might be stretched.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2016, 10:45 »
I give up. Lunatics asylum springs to mind.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2016, 11:13 »
VW are just keeping buyers keen, when they are finally announced there will be some hype about possibly limiting numbers and buyers will be so grateful to get one and probably not even be concerned about discount!

As much as I would like to, it's not really a car I understand in the expected specification at this price point?
There is tough competition in this sector now, including other Vag offerings.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2016, 11:22 »
VW need to short there sh!t out, the dirty derv debacle is effecting petrol sales as with R residuals impacting on everything and no R400 or Cluobsport at the moment people are losing interest, these are halo models, niche maybe but what a lot of owners want

I can see realistically be the end of the year i will not have a VW and will try something else for a few years

Imo the R400 is never going to happen. VW have more to worry about with their diesel cars and winning back consumer confidence.

They can't even get their builder page to work right. Xenon so and keyless are just two things on their site that you can spec on a GTD but they are both standard. For the Tiguan R line edition it says that it comes with both RNS315 and Discover navigation.

I'm sure the people that are dealing with the fallout from the diesel scandal are not operating their website so I don't see the need for such stupid mistakes.

What was their website like before the scandal, was it the same mess as it is now?

As for the car being delayed I'm not too bothered with because my wife doesn't want the car before the new plate change because her favourite number is 66

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2016, 11:33 »
They can't even get their builder page to work right. Xenon so and keyless are just two things on their site that you can spec on a GTD but they are both standard.

Really? I'm just off their site speccing a GTD for a relative and never seen that.
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/extras/1523/1527
That would really annoy me as I've spent the last few months telling them how this, that and the next thing are all standard on the GTD  :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2016, 13:00 »
Delay is a shame as it was going to be used as the PGTI Saftey car.

Hopefully will be delivered for 2nd half of the season.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2016, 13:24 »
VW need to short there sh!t out, the dirty derv debacle is effecting petrol sales as with R residuals impacting on everything and no R400 or Cluobsport at the moment people are losing interest, these are halo models, niche maybe but what a lot of owners want

I can see realistically be the end of the year i will not have a VW and will try something else for a few years

Andy, totally agree mate. Mind you BMW are doing similar with M2 so I don't think that VW are on their own with the desire to mess customers around!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2016, 13:51 »

Andy, totally agree mate. Mind you BMW are doing similar with M2 so I don't think that VW are on their own with the desire to mess customers around!

First week in March I am going to make the decision on ordering a M2 after i have seen it in the flesh, I am not worried if i have to wait 12 months for one in fairness, it is so well specced standard Audi should take note, only decision is white with some livery or blue

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 22 January 2016, 14:02 »
They can't even get their builder page to work right. Xenon so and keyless are just two things on their site that you can spec on a GTD but they are both standard.

Really? I'm just off their site speccing a GTD for a relative and never seen that.
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/configure/extras/1523/1527
That would really annoy me as I've spent the last few months telling them how this, that and the next thing are all standard on the GTD  :shocked:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-estate-vii/configure/extras/2135/2136

Look at this link. I will post screenshots as soon as I find out how to from my iCrap device.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2016, 15:21 by Mk7-GTD »

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2016, 14:04 »

I'd go blue mate, its suggested its similar to Atlantis Blue which I'm driving an M4 in at the moment. Knowing you it wont stay std for long so i'll look forward to seeing it! Neil

First week in March I am going to make the decision on ordering a M2 after i have seen it in the flesh, I am not worried if i have to wait 12 months for one in fairness, it is so well specced standard Audi should take note, only decision is white with some livery or blue