Author Topic: Is voice control an extra?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
Is voice control an extra?
« on: 22 May 2015, 09:46 »
I wondered what the voice button on the stereo and steering wheel should do as standard?  If I press it I get a message that voice control is not available and the sound gets muted, press again and the sound comes back.  I was expecting some form of control for radio stations or for dialing people via bluetooth?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Is voice control an extra?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2015, 09:49 »
Voice control/voice activation is an addional extra (to spec seperately) if you have DNS but is included with DNS Pro
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2015, 09:52 »
Ah I see, I thought I was missing something due to the buttons being there.  I was used to having voice control of phone calls in my old car but to the honest for the number of times it gets used I can happily work it from the MFD anyway.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2015, 12:33 »
Voice control/voice activation is an addional extra (to spec seperately) if you have DNS but is included with DNS Pro

I think you can spec voice control on the standard CMS too.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!