Author Topic: VW 19" Motorsport wheels - at a bargain price  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
VW 19" Motorsport wheels - at a bargain price
« on: 18 May 2015, 16:28 »
Just a quick one - if anyone is looking for a set of VW Motorsport wheels, do a search on ebay as there are some on there at a bargain price!!

More than one set available and I have no connection with the seller - I just know you guys on here like OEM+ mods!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: VW 19" Motorsport wheels - at a bargain price
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2015, 18:50 »
Would they be the Anthracite ones for £479? Could've had my R stick with Cadiz (no delays) and buy these shod with Michelin PSS for about £170 more than VW are charging me for Prets and (no doubt) sh!tty Bridgestone RE050s. I'd have to see them photoshopped onto a Lapiz R, but I think i'd prefer the Prets.

Have you noticed that every single set of Prets that come from Ebay.de come with tyres that aren't the dreaded Flintstones? Usually shod with Pirelli P-Zero. They must be saving the sh!tty tyres for the UK market, because the Germans don't seem to be keeping them for themselves.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2015, 18:54 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2015, 19:23 »
If they are genuine that is a crazy bargain. I was looking at the 18" version in black and they are £270 each!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2015, 20:51 »
have today tempted but for the offset as 45 does not rub when lowered

lovely wheel

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2015, 22:21 »
I'm useless with offsets etc, the compatability list says they aren't compatible with the R or 2.0TSI (GTI?) why would that be? How would they sit compared to a set of Pretorias for example?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2015, 22:33 »
offset on Prets are 50mm so these stick out 9mm in comparison, my aftermarket wheels are 45 in same width

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2015, 22:58 »
offset on Prets are 50mm so these stick out 9mm in comparison, my aftermarket wheels are 45 in same width

Might be a bit much then? They'd sit flush-ish with the top of the arch but might stick out a bit from the body?

Although i've seen people with 15mm+ spacers on Austins which look ok, i'm so confused!!  :-\

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2015, 23:05 »

Might be a bit much then? They'd sit flush-ish with the top of the arch but might stick out a bit from the body?

Although i've seen people with 15mm+ spacers on Austins which look ok, i'm so confused!!  :-\

There's an extra 6mm of poke with the Motorpsort rims due to the extra rim width (8J compared to 7.5J), plus the extra 9mm offset so a total of 15mm wider  :smiley:

Just to add the seller of these is round the corner from me and I've used them many times, huge parts place attached to Crewe Audi  :smiley:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2015, 23:08 »

There's an extra 6mm of poke with the Motorpsort rims due to the extra rim width (8J compared to 7.5J), plus the extra 9mm offset so a total of 15mm wider  :)

Just to add the seller of these is round the corner from me and I've used them many times, huge parts place attached to Crewe Audi  :)

15mm wider than Prets?? :o