Author Topic: steering wheel nut!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
steering wheel nut!
« on: 19 September 2005, 13:06 »
what socket size is the nut holding the steering wheel on?

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: steering wheel nut!
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2005, 13:38 »
think its a 22 or 24.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 19 September 2005, 13:40 by Blue Mk2 »
:)

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 515
Re: steering wheel nut!
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2005, 14:07 »
24mm  :wink:


http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: steering wheel nut!
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2005, 22:58 »
cheers guys ill have to go and buy one, i looked in the haynes manual, dont ask me why, didnt get me anywhere

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: steering wheel nut!
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2005, 17:02 »
when you undo the nut, leave it on a few threads and losen the wheel. i've heard of people yanking away at the wheel for it to come off suddenly and smack themselves in the face!! funny but painfull and embarressing!!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe