Author Topic: GTD - GTI  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
GTD - GTI
« on: 25 January 2015, 10:41 »
Swapping my GTD to GTI should be picking up 2nd week February. 3dr GTI PP winter pack, 19" wheels and reverse camera, I can wait
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTD - GTI
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2015, 14:11 »
A nice spec, shame you didn't put park assist on there too as it is cheap and occasionally very useful.

However, begs the question, much as I love the GTI (and it's a pretty faultless bit of design as these things go) why did you do the swap?
The GTD has better residuals, lower running costs, looks just as good, performs as near as dammit as well if you're not into traffic light grand prix at every junction (and to be honest even with PP the GTI tends to spin a lot of its extra power away in the lower gears when careless with the throttle) and with the soundaktor it even sounds much the same from inside.
I can't think of anything aside from the VAQ diff that the GTI offers over the GTD, and that's coming from someone who has GTI in letters written right through them like a stick of rock!

Still, congrats and it's a truly great car to be looking forward to.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Zayvin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2015, 14:27 »
I too am not 100% sure why you would want to go GTD to GTI - to an R, yes.

Although looking at your sig, it seems you tried almost all the mk6 models nearly  :wink:

I presume you work in the motor trade or have a nice company car scheme?

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2015, 14:37 »
I got a deal I couldn't refuse the GTI is a cancelled order, I normally change my car every 12-24mths.
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2015, 14:39 »
I'm much the same, I blame too much time on the forums and not enough actually driving the thing!
A change is always good and it's nice to try something new - there's just too many good models to choose from, all with their plusses and minuses.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner