Author Topic: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!  (Read 6008 times)

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« on: 11 September 2005, 08:54 »
Ok this might sound a little sad but they put a smile on my face. Recently ive been offered a cheap 325 Coupe and really fancied it, more refined than mine, nicer ride, No bumps, just a normal car.. then the following happened.

I washed my car yesterday, she looked spot on, really clean and the sun was making the rims look mental! Anyways I had to pop into my local town, driving through town, windows open, nice day and i saw a Father bout 40 with his son (5), and the dad goes "look theres a GTI", the son was like "WOW" as they both stare at my car as i drove past..  :grin:

Then over to Guildford (Larger Town/City) to see a guy about my arches,  I see another Mk2 Golf, Black, Rallye Headlights, Big rims, It looked sweet, and the guy flashes at me as I drive past, Put a big smile on my face and I thought how many other cars can you own where other drivers are like that?

So on my way home from seeing this matie about my arches and i'm driving through Guildford and i pull up at this junction, where a bus driver (Male, 25-25, Asian) is sitting there, over he looks at my car, looks up at me and says "Nice Wheels", this guy was loving it, i recon it gave him a semi! Driving off he does his Ali G style Wicked wave! LOL

Well after yesterday and my days events, The 325 can F*ck off.. i'm keeping my GOLF!  :cool:

Just thought i'd share that with you!

Any other stories welcome!

Cheers

Knobby!

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

illumin

  • Guest
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2005, 09:08 »
Have to agree with you about other Golf drivers flashing/waving. Here (Northampton) there are sh*tloads of Golfs - most drivers acknowledge me as they drive past. The only other car I know of where a similar thing happens is the old (proper) Beetle. My first car was a Beetle, and all other Beetle drivers would acknowledge you as they drove past.........maybe it's a VW thing....... :grin:

Never had it with my Xr3 (can't believe I just admitted owning one!) lol  :grin: :grin:

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2005, 09:14 »
I like that side of it.. shows the amount of people who are Mk2 enthusiast.

I ride a bike and most bikes nod to each other, used to do it loads when i first got one, Kinda turned into a grumpy biker now though and just ignore other riders. Mainly because alot of bike riders are idiots, wanna be rossi riders! It aint gonna happen!

Knobby! 

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline Mart8V

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 504
  • I really should know better by now.....
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2005, 09:22 »
Had a Mk2 Camper when I was a student, and got loads of waves, lights flashed etc- great vehicle.  Bit different in the Golf- people round here think the coppers are around the corner if you flash at them or that their tyre is flat........

Still get the odd wave, tho!

Offline Bazzer

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 829
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2005, 09:44 »
I thought that was really cool when I had my mk2.... Nobody doesn it in mk3s though!! (although I've not seen a concept yet... ;) )

Bazzer

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2005, 09:51 »
agree with you Knobby.

Glad you stuck with your mk2. 325's are sooo common and how many cool mk2's do you see everyday anyway? :smiley:
:)

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2005, 09:52 »
Get another Mk2!!! I owned a Mk3 16v  for about 3 months, Was nothing like a mk2. Owned a mk2 and thought hey i want something a little newer lets try a mk3..  Very disappointed!

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2005, 09:54 »
My Mates got a BMW 3 series compact, quite new, 18" rims, It doesnt get half the looks my Mk2 gets!

I love it!!!! (For the record.. I'm NOT in love with it!  :grin:)


Knobby!

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline 16valve

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 220
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2005, 09:56 »
Best thing about the Golf owners noticing another is the way they just nod,no frantic waving or horns going ...  :smiley:

My g/f used to own a Mini Cooper wide arches wheels etc.. and every Mini owner would wave until they had driven about a mile past you  :laugh: honestly both hands of the wheel, Frantic waving all 4 spot lights flashing!! Got used to it after a while but the girlfriend pointed out that the Golf acknowledgement was much cooler  :grin:


Offline Bazzer

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 829
Re: Reasons why I love my Golf!!!
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2005, 09:59 »
Get another Mk2!!! I owned a Mk3 16v  for about 3 months, Was nothing like a mk2. Owned a mk2 and thought hey i want something a little newer lets try a mk3..  Very disappointed!

Same reason I got mine mate.... Hopefully I can talk the gf into having a mk2 if it's got PAS but I know how quick mine used to be and I honestly don't think she'll be able to cope with it!!  :laugh:

Bazzer