Author Topic: Shark Performance 184ps mapping  (Read 4030 times)

Offline perky85

• Not said much yet
Shark Performance 184ps mapping
« on: 25 August 2014, 20:58 »
The 2013> 2.0tdi 184ps maps are available from Shark with decent gains.

the graph is shown on the link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152655474560281.1073741849.159415695280&type=1

Pretty impressive  :smiley:

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
Re: Shark Performance 184ps mapping
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2014, 23:06 »
So are Shark still involved with dtuk?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2014, 10:12 »
So are Shark still involved with dtuk?

the TDI systems have always been 100% DTUK, the stage 1 GTI/R is DTE Systems and DTUK, Stage 2 GTI was/is Shark :)

If anyone is looking for a map id recommend Ben at Shark, but please do ask the question about td1 as I've been told that the latest protocols they're now using to map via the OBD port, will cause a TD1 flag.
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2014, 20:32 »
Lets be a bit clear here and state that a TD1 flag DOES NOT mean the end of your warranty

On new cars it is the DEALERS responsibility to prove that the modifications are at fault. Yes a remap will show up but even fitting a tuning box will put you at risk especially it if it flags up fault codes that you are unaware of....... 

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2014, 22:50 »
Lets be a bit clear here and state that a TD1 flag DOES NOT mean the end of your warranty

On new cars it is the DEALERS responsibility to prove that the modifications are at fault. Yes a remap will show up but even fitting a tuning box will put you at risk especially it if it flags up fault codes that you are unaware of.......

Yes but it will absolutely affect the drivetrain warranty and this is a bigger issue now that there is doubt over the durability of the turbos fitted to most 2.0 TSI's to date.

My understanding is that any faults caused by a tuning box can be cleared with vcds?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2014, 22:56 »

Yes but it will absolutely affect the drivetrain warranty and this is a bigger issue now that there is doubt over the durability of the turbos fitted to most 2.0 TSI's to date.

My understanding is that any faults caused by a tuning box can be cleared with vcds?

So the weakness is already present? That keeps your warranty intact as it proves that there was an inheritant fault at the time of purchase  :nerd:

I think everyone needs to read up on their statutory rights and what you as a consumer are entitled to  :wink:

How many people own VCDS??  :whistle: and what if you cant clear the faults even if you do have it.....
« Last Edit: 27 August 2014, 22:58 by Rhyso »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2014, 07:30 »
It's got very little to do with statutory rights when you take your remapped car in for service or warranty work and VW refuse to pay for any problem that they deem to be from said remap. You argue that it's got nothing to do with it but at the end of the day they hold all the cards as they are the ones repairing or not. They could in theory say any mechanical work is being refused as the car is no longer operating at standard output therefore you're at the mercy of VW. I can't see the point in remapping your car whilst it's in warranty and then people get all huffy when mechanical failures won't be fixed. Its also difficult as not every dealership will have the same view as each other regarding remapped cars and warranty work.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2014, 08:56 »
Within the first 6 months of purchase they HAVE TO PROVE the remap is the cause of the fault, no matter which dealership you take your car too

If you modify your car in any way then you are risking everything; whether it be via a remap or a tuning box

Its got to be a really poor remap / tuning box that will blow your engine