Author Topic: Windscreen Cill Drain off??  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Windscreen Cill Drain off??
« on: 13 August 2014, 09:42 »
Over the last week its rained a lot here in West wales, I noticed the cill under the windscreen by the passenger side will fill to the top with water and not drain away??? So i washed the car, purposely left the water build there and it does not drain off, weird ive not noticed it before....
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Windscreen Cill Drain off??
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2014, 12:02 »
I've noticed this as well. It seems there's only a drain point on the drivers (right hand) side and not the left.

A design flaw methinks.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2014, 12:25 »
Yes a flaw in design, i thought i was just being fussy but the pool of water in there was annoying me, rains often here :rolleyes:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2014, 23:04 »
This is the first thing I have noticed when first washed my GTI. Was disappointed, even my old Megane had 3 drain holes, 2 on each side and one in the middle, below the wiper arm.

Can't we do any tweak to have a second drain hole on the GTI? Maybe drill a small hole into the plastic on the passenger side?
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2014, 22:15 »
The wife has got the new polo, i checked the cill on that and there is a drain hole both ends, weird that the gti one wasn't done..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....