Author Topic: 19" Cadiz  (Read 7580 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
19" Cadiz
« on: 10 August 2014, 19:18 »
Can I post about R stuff in here?  Please delete James if I can't!

I've tried a search and not finding a definitive answer (some say weight even though they are seeming less than 2kg heavier, some say that incident whereby the wheel cracked, some say something to do with the tax band here in the UK) - so, does anyone know:

A. Why aren't the 19" Cadiz wheels for the R an option in the UK when they are everywhere else eg. Ireland, Germany etc, and

B. Has anyone/does anyone know if you can get your dealer to get them fitted if you ordered a new R eg. you specced the 19" Pretoria's and then the dealer ordered and swapped them for the 19" Cadiz.

Reason being, I prefer the Cadiz but I like them in the 19's.

Thanks in advance  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: 19" Cadiz
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2014, 20:37 »
Order one with standard alloys, buy these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-new-OEM-VW-Golf-7-R-300PS-19-wheels-with-new-tyres-GTI-GTD-/121406407777?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item1c4462c461
and then sell 18" originals for probably at least £1000 and you will have spent less than ordering factory 19's.

Job done!  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2014, 21:44 »
Order one with standard alloys, buy these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-new-OEM-VW-Golf-7-R-300PS-19-wheels-with-new-tyres-GTI-GTD-/121406407777?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item1c4462c461
and then sell 18" originals for probably at least £1000 and you will have spent less than ordering factory 19's.

Job done!  :cool:
Anyone after those alloys, I would suggest they view them before buying.  I have and they are not "brand new and in perfect condition", as described.  They are nearly new (not brand new) and the inner edges of the alloys are chipped, probably from careless storage.  They are not bad, but they are definitely not in perfect condition, so if you can accept that, fair enough.  I couldn't because I went to buy them expecting them to be perfect, as described, and they were not.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2014, 21:51 »
I'd like to see an R with santiagos.Best looking wheels VW do by far.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2014, 22:10 »
Thanks for the advice chaps  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2014, 23:12 »
On the availability of the 19's in the UK, I'd say it's purely a marketing decision by VW UK. Maybe they didn't want 2 19" options on the price list? Same applies for the alancantara interior option. There's no other obvious reason for it. VW UK seem very unwilling to accommodate people who want specific options. VW Ireland got me a few options that weren't in the Irish list eg: winter pack, dynamic light assist.

Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2014, 07:45 »
I don't how successful someone would be but years ago a mate of mine bought a GTi but wanted the r32 wheels and vw uk sorted it for him and he just paid a small upgrade but then that was when the mk5 came out, so a long time ago.

Perhaps they would do it at factory level but you'd have to have a dealer that was willing to go the extra mile too.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2014, 08:53 »
Apparently there is no 19" Cadiz option in the GB because the weight of them takes the car into the next emissions band.  In Germany, for example, they have both styles of 19s as an option to the 18s.

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2014, 09:37 »
Apparently there is no 19" Cadiz option in the GB because the weight of them takes the car into the next emissions band.  In Germany, for example, they have both styles of 19s as an option to the 18s.

Rubbish. We pay car registration tax based on the co2 emissions of the car and there is no mention of an emission change on any brochure or even on the configurator.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2014, 13:09 »

Rubbish. We pay car registration tax based on the co2 emissions of the car and there is no mention of an emission change on any brochure or even on the configurator.
I don't understand your post and maybe I didn't make myself clear in mine, so I'll try again.  As I understand it 19" Cadiz are not an option in GB because the extra weight of the car caused by the heavier wheels, results in the car having higher emissions, meaning the car falls into the next tax bracket.  19" Pretorias are lighter so the car manages to stay in the same band as a car on 18s.  Or all of that could be rubbish and it's just that VW don't provide the 19" Cadiz option to GB customers because they choose not to.