Author Topic: lots of questions K_Jet versus Digifant. & 8valve GTI identifications  (Read 988 times)

Offline ANDY597

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Lots of Questions here about my new Mark 2.

Whats the fundamental differences between K-jet and Digifant.
When was the change rolled out.
Whats better in the golf and Why ?
Do I have K_jet or Digi ?


Next up, I have a G plate Mk2 Gti 8v. 3 door, tornado red.

I have big bumpers on mine, central locking but no electric windows, no power steering. It has a metal slide but no tilt sunroof.   Is this how it would  have come out of the factory ?????

What wheels would have been fitted to it as standard ?

Whats the difference between an 89 spec and a 90 spec.?

Phew, glad I got all that off my chest. :laugh:

Offline Bazzer

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 829
Digi came out on E plate, I seriously doubt you'll be on a kjet. Easy way to see is whether or not you've got silver braided fuel lines coming from the front left of the engine bay to the block. The fuel line on the digi is by a rail around the back of the engine.

Diff between 89 and 90 spec includes big bumpers, but the telling way is where the hazard light switch is. If you've got a later one, the switch will be on top of the steering column. Older ones are in the dash on the left.

Central locking and leccy windows were options, as were the wheels. Standard metal slide (not tilting) sunroof on GTIs too I think.

IMHO Digi is better as far as the engine is concerned, but I can't really say why. :laugh:

Bazzer

Offline naut2k5

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 75
Check this thread:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=26497.0

pics further down !