Author Topic: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal  (Read 2526 times)

Offline ANDY597

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« on: 08 September 2005, 11:34 »
I went to the main dealer for a sunroof seal, but they wanted an arm and a leg and one of my children in return for one.

Please can anybody tell me the cheapest place to get one.

My sunroof seal has perished beyond the point of no return and I am keen to get one before the winter takes hold.   Ie Next Week.

Cheers and Beers
A

Offline gibby

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,619
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2005, 11:49 »
Could try these guys www.gpcvwaudi.co.uk  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline ANDY597

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2005, 11:59 »
£23 + Vat + Delivery, 

Any advance on that anybody ?

A

Offline gibby

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,619
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2005, 12:00 »
What do VAG do them at ?
......now officially dubless.

Offline ANDY597

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2005, 12:37 »
£43 Odd quid + vat and another £135 quid if you want them to fit it.   

Dirty robbing theifing expletive expletive expletive
A

Offline jasonpi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2005, 12:46 »
they charged me bout 50 quid inc vat
£135 to fit it? wtf once the plates out 10 mins flat to put it on just aligning it is a b1tch

Offline gibby

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,619
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2005, 13:13 »
£43 Odd quid + vat

Doubt you'll beat gpc then. Now you know why VAG are affectionately known as the "main stealers" around these parts.
......now officially dubless.

Offline ANDY597

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2005, 13:38 »
Just phoned euro car parts,  and the guy says he would give me a price and then put me on hold of about 15 mins and then hung up on me.

I phoned back and some other guy said within about 2 seconds of me explaining what I wanted that nope we dont do those, youll have to phone the dealer....

makes me mad...

A
 :angry:

Offline gibby

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,619
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2005, 13:40 »
For future reference if you need anything from ECP ring Stuart in Leeds as he will give you 10% discount for using this site. See the Deals and Discounts section on the main forum.  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Ads

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 175
  • 8V RULES BABY!
Re: Where can I get a Mk2 GTI Sunroof Seal
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2005, 18:10 »
Got mine from GPC last month, about £35.00 delivered i believe.

Took about 45mins to install (Aligning is the b!tch)