Author Topic: 19" Santiago Alloy Wheel Damaged :(  (Read 4375 times)

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
19" Santiago Alloy Wheel Damaged :(
« on: 11 April 2014, 22:20 »
The dreaded day as finally come... after owning many different cars since 1999 and not damaging any of their alloys my 19" Santiago alloy has been curbed (my fault).  :cry: :cry: :cry:

There is no damage to the tyre or any of the black gloss section, nor is there any damage to the main surface area.
Managed to damage about 1-2" next to the edge of the tyre.

Any idea's if this can be repaired without having to diamond-cut (refurb) the whole alloy wheel?  :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

I have put a thick dollop of AutoGlym HD wax on it to keep the water out.... hope this keeps the white worm at bay.

Totally gutted!!  :sad: :sad: :sad:

« Last Edit: 11 April 2014, 23:21 by 2014GTi »
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline GTD184

• Not said much yet
Re: 19" Santiago Alloy Wheel Damaged :(
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2014, 22:31 »
Unfortunately it's a total diamond re-cut and refinish as there is no other alternative......that is unless you can put up with an average job by a smart repairer!
GTD 5 Door, DSG - Pearl Black, Dynaudio, 19" Santiago's and a few accessories.......Collection 20th May 2014....(My Birthday!)

GTi PP 5dr DSG - Tornado Red, Santiago's and 90% Tints....Collection due 1st March 2017......"One of the last Mk7's" - "Cancelled"

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2014, 07:19 »
I see you live in S.Yorkshire,I don't know if Stockport is too much of a trek but last year I used PrestigeWheels,106 Richardson Street Stockport to refirb my damaged diamond monza.They really did a top job I can't recommend them enough.I think they charged £120.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2014, 08:28 »
Sorry to hear that, gutting. I know you are not to far away and there is a place near me called Auto therapy which my mate used for his A3 S Line wheel recently.

http://www.auto-therapy.co.uk

I think it was about £95 and took 4 days to do properly.

PM if you want anymore info, I have been meaning to contact him to see if he was happy with the job. I might be visiting soon myself as a taxi forced my partner into a curb last night so her A1 wheel is all scuffed  :sad:
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger