Author Topic: Reccomend me a tablet  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Reccomend me a tablet
« on: 01 December 2013, 14:51 »
So far Xperia Z winning.

Want 10" or thereabouts screen, like iPad flawless movement but just don't get on with Apple "i" Products, cracking devices just not for me, GF has iPhone and iPad. Could be an issue when I want to buy a Mirror Link HU for the MK4.  :grin:

Decent Android, quick etc. Probably be used for all sorts nowdays, mainly work and internet occasionally.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline justalex81

• I live here
Re: Reccomend me a tablet
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2013, 15:15 »
2014 samsung galaxy note 10.1

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2013, 18:22 »
I know you said you dont like apple... but id still say ipad. Ive had sony and galaxy tablets and still went back to an ipad. If i was to get another android it would be the galaxy tho.

Ive had iphone and android phones and i wouldnt have anything else then apple from now on... to the point i need a new laptop and im probs gonna get a mac book.

I dunno what mirror link is so cant comment on that... but there is so many products that work well and are integrated for the iphones/pads/pods
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2013, 18:34 »
Note does look good and makes sense to go with my Note 2 phone but I like the waterproofness of the Sony. Dunno when I'd use it but I like it. :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2013, 19:23 »
The Galaxy Note looks the danglys and prefer the spec. Just can't help but think the Sony will be better by the time it's got greasy oily hands all over it.

My note phone is fine, covered in brake fluid earlier quick wipe and job done. Just can't see the leather backing of the tablet being that great tbh.

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2013, 20:21 »
If you worried about protecting it id recommend a griffin survivor case they do make it a bit bigger and heavyer but being water tight ish, dust proof and has it own built in screen protector does the job, had one fitted to my ipad since I got it and did have one on my iPhone til I changed to a new iphone
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 December 2013, 14:57 »
The Galaxy Note looks the danglys and prefer the spec. Just can't help but think the Sony will be better by the time it's got greasy oily hands all over it.

My note phone is fine, covered in brake fluid earlier quick wipe and job done. Just can't see the leather backing of the tablet being that great tbh.

I tested both side by side six months ago and the Sony was so laggy it was in my mind issues and problematic software side not hardware! The weight difference was a biggy for me the Sony was heavier and chunky whilst the note was light and did not suffer from the low cheap feel of plastic either. Samsung wanted a useable tablet and yes that's exactly why bang for buck it does what the tin says it does. You can buy heavy armored frame guards from silicon for the tablet and it will protect it. what impressed me was that you can buy the battery for like £25.00 and take apart the Samsung replace it yourself without sending it off like the Sony which would require some specific tools just to change parts on it.
Don't buy the 2014 edition of note it doesn't offer any real extra features for the money(maybe four months down the line) and defo forget about ATVI the windows based one as its not true windows on it, its like an emulated version of windows and its crap with limited apps that will run on it.
Another option is to get the TAB 7 bit pricy and smaller screen but might be more practical from a work perspective?

We have had the N8000 with 3G sim free 32GB in grey for about five months and its never let us down the only warning we had was always let the battery drain down and turn it off before charging as the 8600 odd MaH battery pulls a lot of current and the charger can suffer from heat issues if using and charging together. TBF I've charged it whilst in need to use it and the charger does get hot when first charging, but not catch fire hot! Guessing when the battery is flat it pulls the most current and eventually is cool to the touch after nearly 80% fully charged. If you see the charger its tiny and that's the issues for me but upgrading to a better charger would eliminate this issue.
I want the battery and charger to live its course a bit longer so I stick to the experiences other people have learned across from the pond.
You can buy HD adapter for £20.00-30.00 and use it to stream, but if you have a Samsung smart TV you can use its smart function and it will transfer direct to TV aswell.
I solved the play back issues by just going to apps shop and downloading an app that uses flash and it no problems all media plays very well now. The wifi hot spot is linked to my unlimited data on my phone and the kids can use it all day long in the car.
Wifi is strong never suffer from buffer issues at all from wireless connection.
It has a smart EYE detection it turns itself off if it cannot sense anyone using it clever chaps at Samsung! I think that feature is not not even on the newest tabs or note for some reasons?
S-pen is great but you need to learn how to use it properly, its the first bit of tech in years I had to re-teach myself which was fun TBF. :smiley:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2013, 11:36 »
I wish the Note was waterproof and not leather. :grin:

Cheers Jay will be looking next month!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2014, 20:32 »
Still none the wiser and I wanna buy one!