Author Topic: Ecu wanted  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
Ecu wanted
« on: 25 November 2013, 14:53 »
Hi guys
Just had abf engine conversion done but the ecu is knackerd.
Anybody got one or no where I can get one?
The ecu number is 037906024 ab.
Any help would be great as I'm keen to get her back on the road.

Thanks rick

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: Ecu wanted
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2013, 15:09 »
Was going to move this in the wanted section but what makes you think the ECU is dead?

Transponder + the matched key needs to be present on the later type ecu I believe. Have a search in the mk3 section.
:)

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2013, 23:19 »
Thanks for the reply mr blue, oh and by the way seen some pics of your car on here, mint! :cool:
As for the ecu I don't have a clue :laugh: it just what the garage are telling me. They said there is a signal to the ecu from the coil but nothing coming from the output of the ecu, or something along them lines.
Got one on order from Poland! £140 wtf  :sick: better work or I will not be a happy bunny :evil:

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2013, 02:43 »
Think it may be an immobiliser fault but the abf experts should be able to confirm.   :smiley:
£140...wow thats a lot!
:)

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2013, 21:16 »
Not the immobiliser mate as its an early model one that dose not have the immobiliser.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2013, 22:47 »
so how do you know its the ECU  :huh:

and  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

they got BIGGER shop windows in Poland than we got in Sheffield  :whistle:

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2013, 22:54 »
I don't, I'm just going off what the garage have told me. Trust me i would of preferred to get one from Sheffield but could not find one with the correct ecu number this was the only one I could find.

Offline molegti

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2013, 08:16 »
I'm afraid to say a failed crank sensor is more likely to cause the problem. I've been down the same route, still have the spare ecu but it's not an AB.

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2013, 12:54 »
They have already tryed the crank sensor.
New ecu from Poland turned up today. Wrong one! The code on the one they have sent finishes in AE and not AB even though there conformation e-mail states the AB code :angry:
Can the AE one be used? Will that one have the immobiliser on it and if so can it be removed?

Offline molegti

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2013, 15:19 »
Vagcat lists 037906024AE as being for 1995/ 1996 so that would suggest its immobilised. It can be removed but I cant recommend anyone because I left mine alone. An immobiliser box and matched key plus someone with VCDS will probably be a cheaper option.

You may as well fit it, if the engine starts and cuts out after a second or so you'll know its immobilised and confirm that it was the ECU at fault in the first place.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2013, 15:38 by molegti »