Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 797694 times)

Offline a5ian300zx

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #250 on: 14 December 2013, 22:27 »
Hi,

I have an error message come up on golf which has xenon "error range control"  it happen when I tried to switch off the start/stop using vagcom under the xenon menu - > long code and byte 2 I think and even thought I changed it back to original it still keeps comes up with the message on dash board. How can I reset it or put it back to normal?

Is there a way I can switch off the start/stop technology.

Thanks

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #251 on: 14 December 2013, 22:31 »
hmmm thats a tought... the only similar post i can find is from the audi forums http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2584376

This may have little to do with your error, but is worth investigating.
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #252 on: 15 December 2013, 01:55 »
Is there a way I can switch off the start/stop technology.
Yes - post 12 here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16508#post16508

No idea why you were in the lighting section trying to switch off start/stop?

Offline a5ian300zx

• Just got here
« Reply #253 on: 16 December 2013, 21:01 »
Hi,

Thank you very much I have got rid of the error and disabled start and stop.

How do I disable the drl lights, I have managed to disable them while the switch is on off but when the switch is on Auto they are still on. Anyway I can disable them as all menu are in German not sure which option it is, any help appreciated

Thanks

Offline kor0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #254 on: 17 December 2013, 06:52 »
Hey guys, first of all let me thank you all for your contribution to this forum, it really is a cracking source for info  :nerd:

I wanted to ask if you have any idea if the reverse mirror dip has anything to do with the power folding mirrors hardware.

I ordered my car without power folding mirrors (option that also includes puddle lights and reverse dip in the Romanian configurator) but I can't see any reason why it would require additional hardware. After all, the mirror dips in the limits of the electric adjustment, no?
GTI 3-door, DBP, estimated delivery: 21st Feb.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #255 on: 17 December 2013, 06:56 »
you'll probably have different door control modules without the power fold option so the dipping mirror function may not work.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #256 on: 17 December 2013, 08:51 »
Yes, it's in the "Comfort illumination" section of the adaption channels in the central electronic module.

This enables you to change what actual lights are used for coming home / leaving home (DRLs, Foglights etc) as well as how they are activated (i.e. automatically on removing the key or opening the door), or manually via a flash fo the high beam lever.

So this is as simple as ticking the fog light/ DRL box and BOOM..we're done?!  :shocked:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #257 on: 17 December 2013, 08:53 »
Well in the mk5, the mirror glass motor was different. The dipping glass motor had extra wires so it could remember where the glass is positioned.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline kor0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #258 on: 17 December 2013, 10:28 »
makes sense guys, thanks for your inputs!
GTI 3-door, DBP, estimated delivery: 21st Feb.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #259 on: 17 December 2013, 13:40 »
I wanted to ask if you have any idea if the reverse mirror dip has anything to do with the power folding mirrors hardware.
As confirmed above - it is a hardware issue. Mirror units with folding facility are different from mirror units with folding and memory function. They have different part numbers and are physicaly different internally with regard to wiring/electronics.

It was the same on the Mk.6 and Scirroco. My currenbt car (a Scirocco) does not have power folding mirros. If I wanted to add them as a retro-fit I would need to buy two new mirror units: right side as a power folding type, left side as a power folding unit woth momory. I would also need to check that the door controllers are of the type suitable to operate folding mirrors. Once the new hardware is fitted (and assuming the door controllers are suitable) I would then need to do some VCDS coding.

Hope this helps...