Author Topic: injectors  (Read 2147 times)

Offline marcogolfo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 688
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
injectors
« on: 19 August 2005, 18:01 »
How much and how do you change them on a mk2 16v golf gti K jet?  Haynes manual says f**k all

Offline marcogolfo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 688
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
Re: injectors
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2005, 10:36 »
no1 done this? :embarassed:

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: injectors
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2005, 11:42 »
I swear i answered this ;)

btw i have never done this, but this is from what i have read

The injectors just pull out, but you can use a screw driver and a hammer to lever them out, VAG ones are about $40 each, gsf ones are about £28 each, but the best one you can get are merc ones £32 each, they are brass and will last a very long time, pm me and i'll send you the part number.

Do a search on clubgti forum, as there is alot of info on there!

First though, pull them out and put them in a jar and test the spary pattern, should be cone shaped, then let them sit overnight and see if they leak. Note - I think you need to remove the centre spark lead before you do this so you don't start the car, better check on that!

you need 2 x o-rings per injector one smaller than the other, couple of quid from vag, use the vag ones as they will last longer!

hope that helps  :wink:
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline 92 rocks

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 81
Re: injectors
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2005, 21:31 »
If ya have too ya have too try some wurth injection cleaner ran two lots through my 16v and it purrs now.
Stuck in the 80s? Nope its a 92!

Judderi

  • Guest
Re: injectors
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2005, 09:14 »
deefadog do you need to try and start the engine to make the injectors spray?

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: injectors
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2005, 13:24 »
Yes, but you don't want it to fire up! i have only done this on the cold start and it worked ok, can't remember what i disconnected though  :embarassed:

The haynes has it!
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Judderi

  • Guest
Re: injectors
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2005, 13:28 »
Theres plenty of things i could disconect to stop it firing i suppose. Will give it a go when i come to changing the manifolds. Cheers.

Offline marcogolfo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 688
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
Re: injectors
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2005, 12:20 »
ok i got some Merc injectors and VAG seals.  Are the VAG seals meant to fit the Merc Injectors because mine dont look right and don't seem to want to fit. Its driving me insane, are the seals not meant to just fit over the injectors?  Someone help me please  :shocked:

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: injectors
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2005, 13:34 »
Hi mate, the guide i printed out a while ago now does not say anything about the vag seals not fitting the merc injectors! nor does it say they will?

The guide is no longer available, but ask on cgti, steve bratt was the guys name!

Good luck!
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: injectors
« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2005, 13:39 »
I downloaded the guide to my PC, but I'm at work!  From what I remember the VAG stuff should fit the merc injectors, are you sure you got 16v K-Jet seals and not 8v digi or k-jet items?  If you have the part numbers post em up and I'll look em up tonight if noone else posts in the mean time :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.