« Reply #8960 on: 06 November 2018, 18:36 »
Picked mine up today -1st ever GTi 😊
Congrats Phil, what do you think of it?
*********************************
Yesterday, which is almost today, I made a discovery.
Now I live out in the sticks I can get 41mpg average for most of my night time commute whilst stuck behind a dawdling oaf doing 35 mph all the way.
Yes, I was so bored I had the average MPG display up in the MFD.
I did say most of the journey.
Unfortunately when I got into the city I seemed to upset an R driver by overtaking him on a challenging bit of a dual carriageway (hi if you’re reading this!) bend.
This led to another discovery.
A manual Clubsport driven by a semi geriatric is massively slower off the line and slower full stop than a Golf R. I’m guessing it was DSG because he left me for dead.
Oh and my average consumption dropped 9 mpg after that childish spat

I promise to behave from now on.

Logged
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten