Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2859308 times)

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3810 on: 18 February 2016, 20:41 »
Fantastic Pics Becs, I'm very very impressed..think I stared at them for a good few minutes :cool: :grin:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3811 on: 18 February 2016, 21:15 »
This is my first post ever on a forum.
I contacted Lockwood about six week's ago,regarding availability of sill protectors for the MK7 R.
They asked if there was any demand for them,so I sent them a few link's,and they said they would make them.
They came on the market today,and look very nice.
They also really liked the pictures on this thread of Booth11's car,said it looked like professional pictures. :grin
Then a man called Steve from Lockwood emailled to ask if I new you as,they would like to use your pic's on there site.
Why don't you give them a call?there may be some freebies involved.
Just thought I would let you know, as I have been following this site for years,what a great bunch on here.

Hi Garhan

Firstly, welcome to the forum Garhan.  :smiley:

Secondly, many thanks for letting us know that Lockwood R sill protectors are now available for the R, that is GREAT news!  And very well done to you for pursuing it with the company. Great work! 

There will be a lot of R owners interested in knowing these are now on sale and so I have just posted this info on VWROC forum to let members on here know. I don't know if you are a member on that forum or not, assume you have an R yourself?

Thanks for letting me know about their interest in my pics.  Definitely interested and I will contact them.  Perhaps you'd be kind enough to let Steve from Lockwood know I'll be in touch soon.

Bec  :smiley:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3812 on: 18 February 2016, 21:19 »
Fantastic Pics Becs, I'm very very impressed..think I stared at them for a good few minutes :cool: :grin:

Lol.  I may have got carried away with too many pics.  But you know the saying 'more is more'. :grin:

Actually they are pretty poor as pics go as only had my iPhone with me, but had to suffice, the scenery was calling me, lol!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3813 on: 18 February 2016, 22:14 »
Stunning, beautiful weather too. Must get myself a trip booked up soon.  :smiley:

Get yourself up to Scotland. The scenery is far better  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3814 on: 18 February 2016, 23:01 »

The scenery may be better, but those shiny tailpipes and clean car say you are just not trying hard enough.    :wink: :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3815 on: 18 February 2016, 23:27 »
Love the scenery pics Ms B and Craig.
Superb :afro:

I could park in the most beautiful spot on earth and my pics would still turn out crap, so it's great to be able to look at other people's photos who have a much better eye for taking pics.
 :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Garhan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3816 on: 19 February 2016, 06:16 »
Thanks for letting me know about their interest in my pics.  Definitely interested and I will contact them.  Perhaps you'd be kind enough to let Steve from Lockwood know I'll be in touch soon.

I couldn't find his email last night, got it now and sent him a note to let him know.

I have a pure white 7R and think the sill protectors in that colour will look good on white but,I do think they
missed an opportunity by not also making them in stainless as well.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3817 on: 19 February 2016, 07:30 »

I couldn't find his email last night, got it now and sent him a note to let him know.

I have a pure white 7R and think the sill protectors in that colour will look good on white but,I do think they
missed an opportunity by not also making them in stainless as well.

Thanks. I've sent them an email.

Are they not silver then??  On their website it says they are highly polished stainless steel (doesn't mention them being coloured) so assumed they are silver (like the ones I've got) but just that the website pic is not great and is reflecting the light in a weird way making them look grey/blue ish??
« Last Edit: 19 February 2016, 07:38 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Garhan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3818 on: 19 February 2016, 12:11 »
I'm not to sure now after looking at the pictures again,they are a bit misleading.

I'll find out when mine turn up and,I'll let you know.

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3819 on: 19 February 2016, 14:47 »
Sold my current GTD, just waiting on my new one to be built :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff