Author Topic: Options  (Read 23532 times)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
Re: Options
« Reply #110 on: 29 August 2013, 17:53 »
It's a GTD. it's been pushed back from a Sep collection to November. I have heard of minor delays but 8 whole weeks...and it's not guaranteed. I was advised bw 45 so I live in hope. The eternal optimist or perhaps rather niece lol. But as you have advised...worth delaying for a better than good sound system, maybe not

For me personally, I would wait. Probably why I've had to wait so long for mine! It's an option I couldn't personally live without, but it's all down to personal preference!

How many times can I say personally in one sentence  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Cat amongst the pigeons comes to mind. Sales lad said it may not delay but he can't promise. I mean surely a darn audio option isn't too difficult nor time consuming to fit. I think id cry if it pushed it back another 4 weeks to December. I may as well collect it in jan
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #111 on: 29 August 2013, 17:58 »
Sales lad said it may not delay but he can't promise.

Don't believe this sh!t.  They say that but what happens is when they change an option the system (apprently) treats the updated order as if it were a brand new order and dumps it to the back of the queue.  People are being quoted BW51 now for  a GTD and if there have then been 3 or 4 other orders after that and then you change that could end up as ... what, mid next year? :shocked:

Hopefully the system isn't that bad but from what we've seen on here its probably safe to assume it IS that bad and wait to be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around.

I think its all down to if you'll regret it or not.  If you can forget it when you get the car you're fine.. if you always think what if then you better spec the change.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #112 on: 29 August 2013, 18:05 »
Sales lad said it may not delay but he can't promise.

Don't believe this sh!t.  They say that but what happens is when they change an option the system (apprently) treats the updated order as if it were a brand new order and dumps it to the back of the queue.  People are being quoted BW51 now for  a GTD and if there have then been 3 or 4 other orders after that and then you change that could end up as ... what, mid next year? :shocked:

Hopefully the system isn't that bad but from what we've seen on here its probably safe to assume it IS that bad and wait to be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around.

I think its all down to if you'll regret it or not.  If you can forget it when you get the car you're fine.. if you always think what if then you better spec the change.

Right....that's made my mind up. No deal to dynaudio. I mean the car looks unreal as it is and specced to a good enough level should you go with the basic entry level. a good audio system is all I need, I'm clutching at straws here I think and there is no way in h e l l I'm delaying this anymore. Not willing to make the gamble. Appreciate people thoughts and opinions. Cheers guys
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 29 August 2013, 18:35 »
It's a GTD. it's been pushed back from a Sep collection to November. I have heard of minor delays but 8 whole weeks...and it's not guaranteed. I was advised bw 45 so I live in hope. The eternal optimist or perhaps rather niece lol. But as you have advised...worth delaying for a better than good sound system, maybe not

Spec it! It'll be standard equipment by the time you get yours and so they won't be able to charge for it! :grin:

But seriously, most of these options are like "if you haven't had it before, you won't miss it". VW standard sound is as good as standard sound gets. For those who like their music with lots (too much IMO) bass, you'll want the upgrade. If you've had recent VWs, haven't had an upgrade before, don't ramp your bass up and rarely take your stereo over 1/2 volume, i'd skip it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #114 on: 29 August 2013, 19:47 »
If you've had recent VWs, haven't had an upgrade before, don't ramp your bass up and rarely take your stereo over 1/2 volume, i'd skip it.

That pretty much sums up how I listen to musc, not too loud and with not much bass.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #115 on: 29 August 2013, 22:23 »
If you've had recent VWs, haven't had an upgrade before, don't ramp your bass up and rarely take your stereo over 1/2 volume, i'd skip it.

That pretty much sums up how I listen to musc, not too loud and with not much bass.

Which is pretty much the opposite of how I listen to music! Probably due to the years standing in front of rumbling speaker stacks   :tongue:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #116 on: 29 August 2013, 22:59 »
I have decided to leave the Winter Pack

However you guys are now making me doubt if I want the DynaAudio !  :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 29 August 2013, 23:09 »

Don't listen to these old farts, for 500 notes its a no brainer!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 29 August 2013, 23:16 »

Ho you - old fart  :evil: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 30 August 2013, 09:34 »

:grin: :grin:

Ho you - old fart  :evil: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....