Author Topic: Options  (Read 23533 times)

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
Options
« on: 26 August 2013, 19:25 »
Hi Guys

So Im close to placing an order on the MK7 GTD

Im undecided on a couple of bits and thought I would ask your advice:

On my Scirocco I currently have the RNS-510 and love the on board HDD to store my Music. I Use the Nav a couple of times a week and I find the screen etc fine. Would have been better if the directions etc from the NAV showed up on the MFD.

So I defo want the Nav on the GTD but do I go for the Discover Nav or Nav Pro ? Other than the larger screen, more advanced maps and on board storage what are the other benefits fro going for the Pro ? And can I justify paying an additional £990 or something for it

Secondly do I go for Oryx or Pure White. Local Dealer was unable to show me either of these as they are currently being refurbished and only had a Red GTI in stock from the MK7 Range. Does anyone have a GTD in either colour or even better a side by side comparison of the two

Other than that if you go for the Keyless Entry do you get a different key to the normal ? And what is the key like on the new GTI/GTD

Thanks

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Options
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2013, 19:39 »
Hi, to be fair you already highlighted the main differences between the standard and pro nav.  You can play movies on the pro nav as well via DVD or SD/USB, and you get podcast capabilities...  Personally, for what I want to use it for, I can think of far better things to spend £990 on, but each unto their own and only you can make that choice!  With the price and size of SD cards though, a built in HDD is a bit pointless for me.

As for Oryx vs Pure, again it's a personal thing and a matter of around £700 or so difference.  It's not as "bright" as pure if that makes sense, maybe a bit more like the candy white.  Personally, I am not keen on white pearl paints as the oyster shell shimmer is a bit feminine, but its one you are going to have to see for yourself in the flesh first.  Again, I didn't bother with the more expensive option.

I've gone for keyless, and I believe that externally the key looks and functions just the same.  It has the same flip-out motion and open/close buttons.  Looks nicer than the normal Golf key:

« Last Edit: 26 August 2013, 19:42 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2013, 19:42 »
I went for the pro nav as I think the keyless is a pointless toy  :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2013, 19:44 »
Oh right cool

I Like the GTI thing at the bottom of the key. Is this identical to the GTD with the obvious change on the end ?

I have noticed on some pics the Nav says GTI when it is turned on ? Does the GTD do the same

I have Candy White in my Scirocco. So Pure White will be brighter than this ? Having had an Audi before is the Pure White comparable to: Ibis White ?
Oryx White - Sounds like the Glacier White on the Audi's / Mineral White BMW ?

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2013, 19:45 »
I only want Keyless for the Stop/Start button. ha

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2013, 19:47 »
I went for the pro nav as I think the keyless is a pointless toy  :grin: :grin:

Haha!  mcmaddy strikes back! :grin:  I went for keyless because it adds additionaly functionality I'll use everyday, as opposed to what would effectively be, for me, an extra £990 for a slightly larger screen.

We all have our justifications, nobody is right or wrong on this one! ;)

I Like the GTI thing at the bottom of the key. Is this identical to the GTD with the obvious change on the end ?

I have noticed on some pics the Nav says GTI when it is turned on ? Does the GTD do the same

I have Candy White in my Scirocco. So Pure White will be brighter than this ? Having had an Audi before is the Pure White comparable to: Ibis White ?
Oryx White - Sounds like the Glacier White on the Audi's / Mineral White BMW ?

Yep, the GTD key has the GTD logo on it.

Again, yep, pure white is brighter than candy white, but like most whites it is only massively noticeable when they are side-by-side.  I would think that the Glacier/Mineral white analogy is close to the mark.
« Last Edit: 26 August 2013, 19:49 by Gryzor »

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2013, 19:48 »
It's been so long since I ordered I've forgotten what options I've added  :rolleyes: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2013, 19:48 »
When did you order and when does it arrive ? lol

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2013, 19:50 »
It's been so long since I ordered I've forgotten what options I've added  :rolleyes: :laugh:

You know what mate, I genuinely had to look at my order form the other day to get the list of things for me to check!  :grin:

I ordered mine back in mid-April.  It's with the dealer right now, will be prepped for collection from 1st September I hope!

Sorry, I just noticed you asked about the logo upon turning on.  I can only assume that the GTD shows a GTD logo, otherwise that would be a bit annoying for said owners! ;)
« Last Edit: 26 August 2013, 19:52 by Gryzor »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 26 August 2013, 20:04 »

At the risk of boring everyone, I ordered 8th April and the mother f7cker still hasn't been built yet despite having a BW of 33 (confirmed)  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....