Author Topic: GTI Rivals  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Rivals
« Reply #20 on: 07 August 2013, 07:07 »

I actually like the look of the new 3 door leon.

Snoopy, I quite like both the 3 and 5 door versions. Interior quality is also massive leap forward compared with the mk2 version too; probably not quite up to the mk7 golf, but a significant improvement over the previous version.

When the time comes for me to change, I'll at least go and look at one and take a test drive. After all, it shares much of its underpinnings with the Golf, but arguably wears a sharper suit, so for me, it's worth consideration as an alternative to the Golf.

Seen a few of the new Leon now and while it's an attractive car it just doesn't look finished to me for some reason? Can't put my finger on it.. :-\
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Rivals
« Reply #21 on: 07 August 2013, 09:16 »
The top of the range Leon FR we drove was very nice - all finished off nicely and was planted and very nice to drive.  It was just missing something.  I can't put my finger on it either.  Interior was better than expected but certainly felt cheap compared to the golf or the audi.  But then its a lot cheaper so that's to be expected.  It was a very nice car though.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....