Author Topic: DRL's  (Read 3077 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: DRL's
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2013, 11:56 »
A guy near me has an Ed35, and those fairy lights look awful.  I really like the DRLs on the Mk7 GTI/D, but even more so the rear clusters.  For me, the rear lights are probably the best looking on the market at the moment.

I agree, the rear lights are immense - modern, aggressive and distinctive.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2013, 14:53 »
I like some of the Audis but not them all. The ones from the high end cars just seem too over bearing. Maybe I'm being biased though as I currently have the A1 with them and that's one of my favourite features on the car.

I think the GTI/GTD is a bit plain if i'm honest. I reckon it could have been a bit more aggressive and a bit more in your face but it really is a subjective thing and I'm sure I'll think they are the best looking once I am able to order mine  :smiley:

Its a bit like the interior strip on the door card that is lit. I think if that was in another car we would all be saying its too tacky but now all of a sudden its a touch of class  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2013, 14:56 »
Its a bit like the interior strip on the door card that is lit. I think if that was in another car we would all be saying its too tacky but now all of a sudden its a touch of class  :grin:

Yes, funny how almost all opinions expressed on here are that the GTI has got things spot on, not too hot or too cold.  Should we believe this is representative of views outside of GTI fans too?  Perhaps not so much. :wink:

I think most of us are well aware of this though!