Author Topic: Quick question to the lucky new owners of a MK7 GTI  (Read 3781 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
How does the car feel when pulling away in first gear at slow speed e.g in a carpark ? does it still do the same trick as the MK6 GTI when you have to sometimes  nurse it to prevent it from suddenly jerking forward. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 30 July 2013, 19:52 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Quick question to the lucky new owners of a MK7 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2013, 19:51 »
Not sure, but I have routinely set of in my Mk5 GTI in second gear when I need to progress very gingerly! Not sure if it's good for it, but hey, it's survived 8 years+ without issue  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2013, 19:55 »
Not sure, but I have routinely set of in my Mk5 GTI in second gear when I need to progress very gingerly! Not sure if it's good for it, but hey, it's survived 8 years+ without issue  :grin:
:grin: i tried different shoes,adjusting the seat position and it still happened it was only when I read on here that other people had the same issues that I came to terms with it  :smiley:

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2013, 20:03 »
Only had mine a few days, but no problems at all. Very smooth indeed. Cant compare it to a Mk 5/6 as the last GTi I had was a Mark 2!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2013, 20:05 »
I can't comment having only had the car for a day but if it happens in the next few weeks i'll let you know  :smiley:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2013, 20:08 »
Cheers chaps, hopefully it wont do the same(I can only talk for the manual GTI)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2013, 23:32 »
Sort of know what you mean, never a real issue with the mk6 for me though, a bit more obvious when the bluefin was on.

The mk7 is much more of a tamed beast, it is much, much more civilised at lower speeds and much naughtier at higher speeds/accelerations. Gearing is perfect, that Golf ball lever is soo nice to hold.

It's to do with that dirty word 'torque'.

1300 miles (holiday season) and just loving, loving this car.

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2013, 23:53 »
I suffered the kangaroo jurkyness in traffic one time during a test drive. Just about every new manual petrol VW/audi/seat/skoda product ive tried seems too suffer it too some extent something to do with eu emmisions I think. Or could be I just carnt drive modern cars.   :embarrassed:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2013, 07:51 »
I suffered the kangaroo jurkyness in traffic one time during a test drive. Just about every new manual petrol VW/audi/seat/skoda product ive tried seems too suffer it too some extent something to do with eu emmisions I think. Or could be I just carnt drive modern cars.   :embarrassed:

Is it not the autohold disengaging (assuming it was on MK6)? You go to pull away but the autohold keeps hold of it a fraction longer than it should, so you give it a smidge more gas, it disengages and then you have to compensate for now having too much gas for a smooth low speed take-off. I have this on my Scirocco - it took a little getting used to initially.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2013, 11:38 »

Is it not the autohold disengaging (assuming it was on MK6)? You go to pull away but the autohold keeps hold of it a fraction longer than it should, so you give it a smidge more gas, it disengages and then you have to compensate for now having too much gas for a smooth low speed take-off. I have this on my Scirocco - it took a little getting used to initially.

No auto hold on MK6 GTI,its hard to explain but sometimes when you lift the clutch pedal the car does not react and then will suddenly jerk forward,its ok once you get used to it.Its not a fault its just a intermittent quirk.