Author Topic: New owner!  (Read 804 times)

Offline wlsmith

• Just got here
New owner!
« on: 29 July 2013, 21:04 »
Hi Guys

I'm Will, just bought my first Mk2 Golf GTI 16V. Bought her as a non runner for £200!, needed to put a new fuel pump on her to get her going and get rid of the standard immobiliser as it was faulty and not giving me a spark at the coil!. Since I got her running, have treated her to a full service including cambelt, replaced all the front suspension bushes, arms & ball joints, poly bushed the rear axle and replaced the front & rear brakes including all calipers and hoses and brake pipes. Have put a set of DARE RS 15" alloys on her with 4 falken tyres and a set of jom coilovers, also noticed the exhaust was completely shot so have given it a new lease of life with a full stainless steel scorpion system, with a stainless steel downpipe, had a bit of trouble with the downpipe as it was touching the steering rack boot, but to overcome this managed to heat up the manifold slightly and bend it to give it a bit of clearance and removed the boot which was perished/split anyway. Have completely undersealed the car and painted it all so looks nice like new :D. Just waiting for new indicator to come for the front bumper then she is all set for her MOT! which will be taking place on Wednesday! looking forward to getting her on the road... next job will be a full respray and sorting out the interior! Took her for a bit of a drive today round the block with some trade plates, pulls well considering she has done 150,000 miles, but the best thing of all it put a big smile on my face! Here is a picture of how she first looked. And here is a picture taken the other day!

Cheers

Will