Author Topic: Sad having 2 GTI's?  (Read 14773 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Sad having 2 GTI's?
« Reply #80 on: 06 August 2013, 16:56 »
They're not free monkeyhanger - although it says £0.00, when you select it it says you must select the pack that goes with it eg. xenons £0.00 but then it says you have to pick the xenon pack £590.  Its a bit misleading.

This caught me out too.  I tried to spec a similar M135i to my GTI order... didn't work out great.

Sat Nav costs moneys!  Thought it was free...
Parking sensors
Cruise
Sunroof
5dr Auto
Nice blue colour

Came out near £35k I think.  Ok, not got any discount on doing it like that, but then a lot of standard GTI options I left off which I would miss (Xenons for a start add £1k).  If you go 3dr manual and don't add much spec you'll get a good price, say £28k.  To get what I'm getting in the GTI would be £33k+ depending on how many options you sacrifice.  When you add in the not great looks and the fact that its rear wheel drive so I'll probably crash it in the first month the fast lead time stops being attractive to me.

I prefer the 1-series coupe look.  Although it does seem to have freakishly huge doors.  Those things are like vast billowing sails... :shocked:

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #81 on: 06 August 2013, 18:14 »
Just out of interest I specced a Golf GT 1.4 to GTI levels with 18" alloys and Xenons/led DRLs etc. It came to only £800 less than the GTI (ok it also has basic Nav as a bonus). Shocked.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 06 August 2013, 21:00 »
Just out of interest I specced a Golf GT 1.4 to GTI levels with 18" alloys and Xenons/led DRLs etc. It came to only £800 less than the GTI (ok it also has basic Nav as a bonus). Shocked.

There is a big GFV difference too between GT and GTI/GTD. Overall, getting a vanilla GTD on solutions for 3 years and giving it back at the end costs £72 less than getting a vanilla 150TDI GT (taking into account both deposit and monthly payments) due to 47% GTV on the GT and 56% on the GTD. I haven't compared a 140 TSI ACT GT to a GTI but I bet there won't be much in it either.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.