Author Topic: Anyone order leather? Looks like red stitching is std  (Read 5315 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Hi guys,
I think there was confusion on here before as to whether the leather option comes with red stitching. Well it appears it does, in Ireland at least, and I can't imagine it'd be any different in the UK.

Check this one out for sale over here - http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Golf/GTI-2.0T/36813713047281680/advert?channel=CARS
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: Anyone order leather? Looks like red stitching is std
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2013, 20:35 »
47,000 euros

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2013, 20:51 »
WOW... that's like £40442.70   :lipsrsealed:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2013, 21:08 »
Hi guys,
I think there was confusion on here before as to whether the leather option comes with red stitching. Well it appears it does, in Ireland at least, and I can't imagine it'd be any different in the UK.

Check this one out for sale over here - http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Golf/GTI-2.0T/36813713047281680/advert?channel=CARS

Yeah I raised this afew weeks ago as I have ordered leather and got a bit of a shock when I saw a photo of the red stitching. Every photo I see has either been a pre launch car on press shoots etc or foreign magazines or websites. I am yet to see a definite UK post launch car to confirm.  :cool:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Torch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2013, 22:28 »
Oooooh I hope you are right about the red stitching, I posted a question about this soon after my order was placed in April and someone on this forum was adamant that we would not get the red on UK spec cars.
Will ask the dealer tomorrow when I see him but this forum knows more methinks!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2013, 23:21 »
I too would like to have the red stitching.  I'm not sure whoever denied we'd get it was certain in that they had proof, but I think they said it was the same with mk6 cars where in Europe they got red stitching but UK spec did not.

So since then I've assumed there will be no red stitching, but it would be a nice surprise

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2013, 23:59 »
My reply was that it's not mentioned in any of the uk marketing material and was never available on the mk5 or 6 in the uk so i doubt it will on the 7 just like don't get the half leather option.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2013, 00:28 »
The MK6 never had it either in Europe unless I'm very much mistaken. Perhaps in the ED35 but not the standard car. UK cars will have it, I'm 99.9999% certain  :laugh:

Edit - the ed35 in euro land did have it, here's a pic I took in Autostadt last summer

« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 00:31 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2013, 08:55 »
Hopefully a forum member will soon have one delivered with leather to confirm or we spot one in a showroom in the UK, I posed the question to my dealer and they did not know the answer  :shocked:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2013, 10:59 »
Hopefully a forum member will soon have one delivered with leather to confirm or we spot one in a showroom in the UK, I posed the question to my dealer and they did not know the answer  :shocked:

I find it hard to trust a lot of what dealers say.  I've posed questions that they have answered only for it later to transpire they answered wrong.

One example is a question I asked about SD cards.  It was only because I'm fairly savy that I spotted their first attempted answer was BS.  I then played email tennis for near half a day before I could get them to understand the question and seek a proper answer from Germany.  If I had been asking about something I wasn't personally a little knowledgeable on then I'd have no clue whether to trust their answer or not.

Anyhow, I still suspect there will be no red stitching due to Jimble's answer.  Can always hope though!