Author Topic: CO2  (Read 2025 times)

Offline drisser

• I live here
CO2
« on: 18 July 2013, 22:47 »
Just noticed the manual car with PP, will cost me £15 a year less in road tax than a std car with DSG !!

Surely that makes PP a real NO BRAINER !   :laugh:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: CO2
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2013, 23:08 »
Just noticed the manual car with PP, will cost me £15 a year less in road tax than a std car with DSG !!

:grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2013, 23:09 »

It makes manual a no brainer! My dads 5 door GTD DSG costs £85 more to tax than my 5 door manual GTD, and £75 a year more than the 3 door DSG GTD.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2013, 23:54 »
£1000 no brainer. Enjoy

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2013, 09:56 »
The justification for speccing PP on these forums is very amusing! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2013, 10:10 »
No need to justify when it's a no brainer  :laugh:

Maybe we should start a thread with justification for each option... So the PP at 980 might be good value compared to say ACC or the basic nav ?

Is the winter pack good value compared to climate front screen or keyless entry  :shocked:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2013, 11:19 »
in reality you can't justify any option that you pay extra for. it doesn't stop you driving your car so really your wasting money. it's more to do with personal preferences and comfort choices.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2013, 15:02 »
in reality you can't justify any option that you pay extra for. it doesn't stop you driving your car so really your wasting money. it's more to do with personal preferences and comfort choices.

That's very true, and I'd go as far as saying that personal preference and comfort are all the justification you need.  For me, options should give me obvious and noticeable features/benefits over-and-above base spec.  In all honesty, while a better diff is nice, if all the PP can muster is 13 seconds benefit around the Nurburgring relative to the base car, I genuinely do not see any value in it from my perspective based on how I drive my current car.  Certainly not when from a safety perspective, XDS+ achieves similar, albeit by slowing the car slightly by applying the brakes to the inner wheels to reduce understeer.

For those going for it, something that's a no-brainer shouldn't need mentioning every other post in every other thread just to convince others (and yourselves!) ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2013, 15:36 »
We had a thread about this a while ago didn't we, where you had just £3k to spend on extras and had to choose.

I could drop everything but the pro nav and DSG before I was unhappy with the car.  I'd like to keep keyless also.  The rest isn't essential to me, but I am going to enjoy it.