Author Topic: project mk2 410  (Read 20226 times)

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
Re: project mk2 410
« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2013, 12:59 »
just bought a steering wheel as mine came without, in the meantime I wanted to get the dash out to sort out all this wiring hanging out, the gauges in the centre console need wiring also but the rain has killed my plans
heres what It looks like inside

Offline weazgti

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2013, 14:13 »
That's only stereo wiring no need to take dash out. There's guides for the gauges aswell on this site.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2013, 15:38 »
me and you so far, that's 2 already lol, im sure there is a lot!!

And me, still 19...

Also, does it have an ejector seat? What is the funky flip-switch right of the radio?!
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 28 June 2013, 15:49 »
me and you so far, that's 2 already lol, im sure there is a lot!!

And me, still 19...

Also, does it have an ejector seat? What is the funky flip-switch right of the radio?!
im still waiting to find out what it does too haha I have no idea

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 28 June 2013, 19:01 »
have a problem, my bonnet shuts properly but you have to proper slam it.. but when you shut it properly you cant open it using the bonnet release in the drivers side footwell.. i took the grille off to find that it was being help on my cable ties so i need a new grille. i took off the grille to see that everything is fine, but the actual cable going to the spring from the bonnet release pops out when its closed properly, so you have to put it back into place to actually open it again.? correct me if im wrong but do i just need to adjust the cable from the bonnet release in the footwell so it stays tighter and stays in place? then it will open and close fine? wrong or right..

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 28 June 2013, 19:05 »
That's only stereo wiring no need to take dash out. There's guides for the gauges aswell on this site.
you got the link to the guide for the gauges?? want to get it done

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #26 on: 28 June 2013, 19:08 »

There are a couple of threads in here; http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=40.0

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 28 June 2013, 19:17 »

There are a couple of threads in here; http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=40.0
thanks mate

Offline Sgt_Lemon

• I live here
  • 8v owners club
« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2013, 20:37 »
I have a switch like that on my dash, when the lady's ask it's a boost flux regulator, in reality it's a fan override switch

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2013, 21:50 »
I have a switch like that on my dash, when the lady's ask it's a boost flux regulator, in reality it's a fan override switch
haha i might start saying a similar thing!!
oh well my engine temp has got up to half way before and my fan hasnt still kicked in.. so i am unsure if my fan works haha, i'll have to check tomorrow