Author Topic: ADC  (Read 4157 times)

Offline vwjack

• I live here
ADC
« on: 12 April 2013, 13:51 »
I took the car on a longish journey the other day and was amazed how the cruise control works so well with the ACC, i had set the Cruise control to 70 mph and the car in front of me moved into my lane and the ACC starting braking for me. Slowed right down to 60 mph keeping its set distance and when the car in front sped up, my car sped up maintaining the same distance. I didn't touch the brake or the accelerator, but it was doing this through out the journey all i was doing was adjusting the speeds on the steering wheel.

I am completely shocked for the value you get on this SE modle car and the little 1.6TDI is amazing so much poke when you need it and amazing MPG. The DSG gear box also worth the money, i had to take the golf back to the dealer and they gave me a UP with ASG and that box is f**king awful.

Thanks

Jack
« Last Edit: 12 April 2013, 14:34 by Jimble »

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: ACC
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2013, 13:55 »
Glad to hear you are enjoying it :)  I took out a GT TDI recently for a test drive and tried out the ACC.  I too was amazed at just how well it worked.   Set to 70mph, the car it front was going 60.  I pulled out, it sped up by itself, and when I pulled in again it slowed to about 65 - the speed of the van in front of me, all while keeping the set distance.  I use standard cruise a lot, so am really looking forward to getting a car fitted with this.  It's a GTI on order so it better bloody well have it! :grin:

Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2013, 14:00 »
When it slows you down reasonably quickly, does it put the brake lights on? Not that you'd know if you were driving of course.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline vwjack

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2013, 14:09 »
Glad to hear you are enjoying it :)  I took out a GT TDI recently for a test drive and tried out the ACC.  I too was amazed at just how well it worked.   Set to 70mph, the car it front was going 60.  I pulled out, it sped up by itself, and when I pulled in again it slowed to about 65 - the speed of the van in front of me, all while keeping the set distance.  I use standard cruise a lot, so am really looking forward to getting a car fitted with this.  It's a GTI on order so it better bloody well have it! :grin:

would of thought so, i didnt think the se would have cruise control.

When it slows you down reasonably quickly, does it put the brake lights on? Not that you'd know if you were driving of course.

haha hanging out the window probably aint the best method but i think for the minor adjustment it wouldnt and big changes in speed it would.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2013, 14:16 »
Shouldn't this topic be renamed ADC (Automatic Distance Control)  :wink:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2013, 14:18 »

It just used the engine as a brake for slowing down at the speeds and rate I was driving at.  However, I'm sure that if the car in front were to slam on, more drastic braking would be applied!

would of thought so, i didnt think the se would have cruise control.

Yeah that's pretty cool it has that.  I know that the GT spec has "Sat Nav" as standard, but it's not on the GTI, so just hoping that ACC doesn't get cut as well.  It has cruise control, but I guess we'll need to wait for the final brochure to come out soon to know whether it has ACC or not.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2013, 14:35 »
Shouldn't this topic be renamed ADC (Automatic Distance Control)  :wink:

Just for you! :wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: ADC
« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2013, 22:31 »

haha hanging out the window probably aint the best method but i think for the minor adjustment it wouldnt and big changes in speed it would.

Get someone to follow you behind and check if the come on...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2013, 23:00 »
Sounds good, I think that's part of the reason the insurance group is lower.

I saw it on a GT in a VW showroom, doesn't look as ugly as I first thought. (The sensor on the front).

Does look a little fragile though?
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2013, 21:50 »
Ok, guys, a little q&a regarding the ADC ???

When ADC sensors the vehicle in front and therefore slows to your set distance etc, etc... the car slows to maintain this distance by automatically applying the brakes and so on, but does this activate the brake lights, as on my motorway run today this obviously occurred numerous times.

Now, I despise people when they needlessly brake for no need on a motorway (simply coming off the gas and not tailgating is good enough) this was a constant thought as ADC was used on my journey.

Oh, and before I forget, please and thanks.

Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless