Author Topic: Cupra price similar to the GTI but...  (Read 2799 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Cupra price similar to the GTI but...
« on: 11 April 2013, 21:19 »
261bhp with the LSD from the performance pack...http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/leon/63498/new-seat-leon-cupra
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Poached

• I live here
Re: Cupra price similar to the GTI but...
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2013, 22:18 »
261bhp with the LSD from the performance pack...http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/leon/63498/new-seat-leon-cupra

Edition 40 engine revealed then :laugh:.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2013, 22:50 »
Was never a big fan of the Leon styling, and the stock Mk7 GTI is more than powerful enough for me!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2013, 09:16 »
There's no doubt the Leon is an excellent car.  But let's face it, its a poor mans Golf #badgesnob  :laugh:

Plus, if you want something that's quicker than a GTI then you shouldn't be buying a GTI - there are plenty of cars out there for similar money (or a little more) eg. S3, 135i, A45 AMG.  Personally, the GTI is the perfect blend of speed and effeciency ie. the car does everything that I require it to do.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2013, 09:27 »
Plus, if you want something that's quicker than a GTI then you shouldn't be buying a GTI - there are plenty of cars out there for similar money (or a little more) eg. S3, 135i, A45 AMG.  Personally, the GTI is the perfect blend of speed and effeciency ie. the car does everything that I require it to do.
My sentiments exactly!  If you want speed, go and buy a fast car, doesn't have to be a brand new one either.  I'd say that in its current form, the Mk7 GTI is almost the perfect car for me.  Could do with a heated windscreen as an option to ice the cake, but it's damn close otherwise.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2013, 10:16 »
Couldn't agree more Gryzor!  For the same money as a new GTI you could pick up a second hand M3, even an M5, for example - those cars are monsters, however the running costs would be well in excess of what you'll have to pay on a GTI.  And personally knowing what I'm like, whenever I've had/owned fast cars like that I drive far too quickly - because you can.  The GTI is the perfect blend of decent acceleration yet a car that does everything - and affordable.

Going back on point, the Leon Cupra is also a fantastic car - however when you can get a GTI that is marginally slower there's no comparison IMHO!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2013, 10:39 »
It's about choice and competition, all healthy stuff! :)