Author Topic: Head rests on Tartan seats?  (Read 8155 times)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
Head rests on Tartan seats?
« on: 09 April 2013, 22:47 »
Just wondering does anyone know if the standard tartan seats in the new GTI will come with the oversized head rests like the MK6 GTI shown below:

From the images i've seen the answer is no.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2013, 22:56 by mk7gti »

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Head rests on Tartan seats?
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2013, 23:19 »
No, seems they've ditched that style of seat for the more traditional style. Pity, I liked those seats too!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2013, 23:24 »
The mk7 GTI / GTD headrests look smaller than those in the mk6 on the VW configurator - you can see them if you select the interior side view. However, bear in mind there have been a few issues with the accuracy of some of the information on the configurator (and VW website) for the GTI and GTD models.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jthgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2013, 23:59 »
Hopefully all will become clear(er) when the brochure is published - later this week apparently....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2013, 07:31 »
Going by all the pictures I've seen, they look like standard sized headrests. - shame really, as the overhang that covers the metal rods when extended maintains those clean lines.  I guess time will tell when somebody gets their GTI and reports back!  Not sure I'll even trust the brochure to be honest after all this misinformation, lol.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2013, 10:03 »
That's a real shame. I really like the look of the headrests on the Mk6 (more chunky and help separate the lower spec models from the GTI/GTD brand). Was hoping they'd keep the design on the Mk7.

But.... you never know. Until we see a proper factory built, UK spec model hit the streets we'll have to wait and see.

G
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2013, 11:06 »
I really love the look of the half-leather / alcantara seats and I've spec'ed them on mine. Don't think you guys in the UK have this option for some reason...

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2013, 12:12 »
I really love the look of the half-leather / alcantara seats and I've spec'ed them on mine. Don't think you guys in the UK have this option for some reason...

I seem to recall when I was buying one of my Sciroccos there was discussion about a leather/alcantara seat option in Europe that we couldn't buy in the UK.  So it's the same situation with the new GTI?  If they've got them in the factory why won't they let us buy them? ???

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2013, 12:13 »
Yeah, just rub it in then  :grin:

Out of interest, in Ireland what's the cost differences between standard, half alcantara and full leather then ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2013, 12:42 »
Yeah, just rub it in then  :grin:

Out of interest, in Ireland what's the cost differences between standard, half alcantara and full leather then ?

The alcantara is €837 or full leather is €1767! So there's a fair whack of a difference! I like the way the half-leather also gets you the door / armrests trimmed in the leather too.