Author Topic: Dragon Green Mk3 GTI  (Read 43554 times)

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
Re: Callums Dragon Green Mk3 GTI....Heckblende on!
« Reply #110 on: 12 April 2013, 13:58 »
It is a bit marmite but I love it.

Got round to using the Plasticare trim dye yesterday, has made all my plastics a nice dark satin black where no dressing products could touch it, covered any wax stains etc. The only place it's not so good is the boot spoiler, a bit streaky, will do another application when the rain stops which will hopefully improve it!

It's the material the rear spoiler is made from (pu-rim?) and very few things can make that look tidy.
you need something to penetrate the top layer (and I say try peanut butter and leave it for an hour before wiping off)

Will try the peanut butter next week! My other option was just to whip it off and colour code it...

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #111 on: 12 April 2013, 15:28 »
I'll be painting mine next month as I'm sick of it looking like it's been buried for the past 15years.

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #112 on: 12 April 2013, 15:31 »
I'll be painting mine next month as I'm sick of it looking like it's been buried for the past 15years.

All my black trims have been painted. Its been 2 years now or so. and believe it or not, not once have i treated them. everyweek just wash the car and go over with a soapy sponge. Thats it.  :cool:

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #113 on: 17 April 2013, 15:25 »
Noticed crusty front jacking points last time I was underneath the car that will need welding.  :sad: So going to whip the sill covers off tonight to have a look at how bad it is and so I can go get a quote from my preferred garage. Never looked under them before, just praying they're not too bad.  :shocked:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #114 on: 27 April 2013, 10:06 »
Parking on pavement? tut tut

For some reason everyone does it down my road, I'd rather me than someone else was parked right outside my house! Bath is awful for parking.

Which part of Bath are you from? I grew up in Larkhall, not been back for years though :sad:

Not sure on the Heckblende either tbh, part of me likes it and part of me thinks it clutters up the rear end :undecided:

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 27 April 2013, 16:26 »
 :sick:

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #116 on: 29 April 2013, 10:29 »
Parking on pavement? tut tut

For some reason everyone does it down my road, I'd rather me than someone else was parked right outside my house! Bath is awful for parking.

Which part of Bath are you from? I grew up in Larkhall, not been back for years though :sad:

Not sure on the Heckblende either tbh, part of me likes it and part of me thinks it clutters up the rear end :undecided:

I'm originally from Poole, Dorset, came to Bath for Uni in 2003, and been here ever since. Just bought a house in Oldfield Park which is the major student area, but luckily my road is pretty tucked away and quiet!

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #117 on: 08 May 2013, 09:38 »
With the good weather I decided to give the car a proper detail. Used my DAS6 with Menzerna pads, Meguiars 105 followed by Menzerna PF4000 to refine, Poor Boys Black Hole then blue Nattys Wax. Also colour coded a spare door handle I had....like the look so will do the other one soon.

« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 09:40 by Callum_K »

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #118 on: 07 June 2013, 10:27 »
Had my MOT earlier in the week, didn't go too badly. Failed on rust which I was expecting, so the car is today having some welding done on both the sills. Pictures of holes below!

Had a few advisories too;

-Both rear wheel bearings
-Front brake pads low
-Both front wishbone bushes
-Front flexi brake pipes
-Rattle from engine (think this is the heatshield)

All in all nothing major and all will be sorted over the coming months. Things I will be doing are...

-New pads and discs all round, new wheel bearings on rear.
-Polybush the front end
-Need to colour code my other door handle
-Colour coded Hellas!
-Colour coded wheel centres!
-Fix a few cosmetic rust patches
-Finally fit new stainless middle box

I also need to sort the intermittant ABS issue, but it passed the MOT fine with a CL cluster that doesn't have the ABS light  :evil:
« Last Edit: 13 June 2013, 13:08 by Callum_K »

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
Re: Dragon Green Mk3 GTI
« Reply #119 on: 11 July 2013, 10:19 »
Not too much gone on since the MOT. I have colour coded the headlight surrounds, but neglected to take pics and the car is mega-dirty at the moment so that can wait! I have also purchased a nice new custom made Longlife stainless exhaust. It's 2.25" bore all the way through, with one silencer (no suitcase) and a nice subtle backbox, with dual rolled out tailpipes. Looks, fits, and sounds so much better than my old system.