Author Topic: Dsg gti box playing up?  (Read 40041 times)

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
Dsg gti box playing up?
« on: 12 July 2012, 14:05 »
When I'm driving round town in bit of traffic car cannot make up it's mind to be in 1st our second gear and starts crashing into first then second etc, spoke to vw today and the mechanic who was dsg trained told me it's normal in traffic and car should be fine on run?
Gti ed35, dsg reflex silver met, rns510, dynaudio, rear cam, parking sensors, revo stage 2+, hpfp, revo intake, turbo back milltek non res inc sport cat,

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
Re: Dsg gti box playing up?
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2012, 20:28 »
When I'm driving round town in bit of traffic car cannot make up it's mind to be in 1st our second gear and starts crashing into first then second etc, spoke to vw today and the mechanic who was dsg trained told me it's normal in traffic and car should be fine on run?
........what ''mode'' is the box in when in town?.
Candy White ED35.

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2012, 21:06 »
Just normal drive, it's fine when in manuel mode
Gti ed35, dsg reflex silver met, rns510, dynaudio, rear cam, parking sensors, revo stage 2+, hpfp, revo intake, turbo back milltek non res inc sport cat,

Offline gti210ps

• Not said much yet
  • totally lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2012, 21:24 »
i smell mechatronic failure.  I suggest you take it for a diagnostics asap before it bursts out.  What does it mean 'normal in traffic and car should be fine on run'? Either it works fine all the time or it doesn't.
GTI MKVI, 5dr DSG, Candy White, Bi-Xenon, ACC, 18" Monza shadow, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Sunroof, w/2 baby seats... and she's a beauty.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2012, 22:13 »
Sounds like Mecatronic problems ? :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2012, 23:07 »
I started to wish I'd gone for DSG with all of the problems I'd had with the clutch on my car, that said, seems even DSG can be pretty sh1tty at times. VW's suck  :cry:

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2012, 23:37 »
The guy told me at vw that problem has been sorted in 2008 and that the dsg boxes are fine, going to call them Tommorw to bring this to there attention

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2012, 07:45 »
The guy told me at vw that problem has been sorted in 2008 and that the dsg boxes are fine, going to call them Tommorw to bring this to there attention

Yes he's right in a way but you can still get the odd one coming through with this problem.... :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2012, 09:01 »
When I'm driving round town in bit of traffic car cannot make up it's mind to be in 1st our second gear and starts crashing into first then second etc, spoke to vw today and the mechanic who was dsg trained told me it's normal in trafficand car should be fine on run?

Doesn't sound very normal to me, mine doesn't play up like that....it smooth in all gears!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2012, 09:53 »
A mate of mine had a similar problem with his Superb. Then one day. he pulled out of a junction, it changed into second with a bang, and made a grumbling sound ever after. One new gearbox to replace the 15,000 miles original and all is well again.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.