Author Topic: anybody using one of these?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
anybody using one of these?
« on: 23 June 2012, 21:30 »
just looking fleabay and came across this. just wondered if anybody was using one and if so is it any good for better sound or anything

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350216726178?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1024wt_922

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: anybody using one of these?
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2012, 21:47 »
If they were any good,which i doubt it then people would be ravin about them,over priced tat imo  :wink:

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: anybody using one of these?
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 21:58 »
Pointless unless it comes as a induction kit.

I've got a carbon fibre simota for my vr6 that replaces the hose with alloy. It does roar but that's down to the square funnel shape of the carbon fibre.

Might be worth it if you want to "bling" the bay  :grin:
« Last Edit: 24 June 2012, 07:20 by tweed »

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: anybody using one of these?
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 23:03 »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Been practicing polishing metal on an old rocker cover it had. Gona do my one now. And would look good with it.

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: anybody using one of these?
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2012, 01:26 »
I had the Bonrath equivalent on my old digifant mk2. Coupled with the modded airbox and K&N it did sound a little fruitier and revved a touch better but nowt to write home about. It looks pretty more than anything really.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: anybody using one of these?
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2012, 07:20 »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Been practicing polishing metal on an old rocker cover it had. Gona do my one now. And would look good with it.


It's worth it then bud  :wink:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr