Author Topic: Which tyres?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline DaveHDi

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 56
Which tyres?
« on: 22 June 2012, 21:08 »
Hello all. I've just purchased a set of 4 17" Audi S3 Avus 6 spoke alloy wheels


They have massive tyres fitted at the moment and I want to fit them on my slightly lowered mk3 golf gti. The arches aren't rolled so I need to know the best size tyre to fit in order to get them on without any arch problems. Any advice and suggestions are much appreciated
Dave

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: Which tyres?
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 21:51 »
205/40/17 is the best size.
What offset are they? ET33 rings a bell...might be tight on the back.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Which tyres?
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2012, 22:53 »
205/40/17's is the correct size, you may find theyrub on the back in which case you will need to trim a little off.

Another option is 195/40/17's but they can be hard to find.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2012, 09:07 by Wayne »