Author Topic: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
So I stripped out my interior back in september and in the bag with all my screws, clip etc for the front seats I find a couple of these things!!



Basically have forgotten what they are or where there supposed to go. Cheers.


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
They go at the front to stop the seat sliding backwards out of the runners  :wink:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Yeah lol there to keep your seats on the runners! easy to put back on just clip in from what i remember.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Is it just one on each side.....I have four you see. But have two sets of seats here.


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
yeah from what i remember they go on the end of the middle rail at the front. tricky to get in. put seat back as far as it goes then look in the middle at the front just under the seat.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Nice one cheers mate.....Had so much stuff stripped off it I knew i'd forget something.


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
There is only one on each side, I took my seats out recently to give them a good clean. I found the plastic clips on the base of the seat a pain in the arse though when putting them back in as they kept popping of when I lined the seat against the runners.