Author Topic: Hockey puck  (Read 4449 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Hockey puck
« on: 22 June 2012, 18:55 »
Anyone heard of raising your engine by using hockey pucks between the engine mounts and the car end? Told anout it today as a way of buying me another 25mm clearance to go lower


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 19:29 »
Not read about it used for that specific purpose. I suppose it might work like that though.

There is a good post here on how to do it on the front mount.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=212007.0

Ebay is the best place to buy them. Not sure why, but I couldn't find a sports shop or ice rink that sold them when I looked.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2012, 19:31 by Bandit127 »

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2012, 19:40 »
Wicked nice one :smiley: i have a 1.4 so my down pipe is stopping me going lower


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2012, 19:45 »
How low your car already mate? im tempted to buy a C spanner and drop her a few MM
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Junior74

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 421
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2012, 19:46 »
Yeh, mine is on pucks, just drill a hole through the middle...

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2012, 20:06 »
Yeh, mine is on pucks, just drill a hole through the middle...

Did you swap the mounts for pucks like in the link or just add them as extra ?

Mine is down as low as it will go with the helper springs in, i cant take them out untill i roll my arches, which i have no idea how to do! But i also need to sort the down pipe issue. . .


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2012, 20:17 »
Just need a heat guy, a arch roller and away you go mate its easy. best bet is to see if anyone will rent or lend you a roller rather than buy one.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2012, 20:19 »
:smug:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV   :smug:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2012, 20:30 »
:smug:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV   :smug:

Your 20000000000000 miles away though!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Hockey puck
« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2012, 20:32 »
:smug:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV   :smug:

Your 20000000000000 miles away though!

Don't mind posting it to ya if you cover costs  :cool:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi