Author Topic: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!  (Read 2819 times)

Offline AcidicDavey

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
  • Not a VAG Owner.
GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« on: 21 June 2012, 19:22 »
My 8v is stranded in the middle of nowhere at my friends house but it wont start. It turns over fine and we've tried to jump start it but we have had no luck. What should I check first as I don't have a f**king clue! Please help

After cranking for 5secs it beeps
« Last Edit: 21 June 2012, 19:47 by AcidicDavey »
95 Volvo 480 2.0 Celebration

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2012, 19:58 »
My 8v is stranded in the middle of nowhere at my friends house but it wont start. It turns over fine and we've tried to jump start it but we have had no luck. What should I check first as I don't have a f**king clue! Please help

After cranking for 5secs it beeps

what beeps? where from? do you have a spark? i no its a silly question. any petrol in it?

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2012, 20:31 »
Immobiliser ??

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2012, 20:33 »
The only time the Mk3 beeps at you (AFAIK) is for oil pressure. This will come from the dash IMO. Check the oil level. Have you seen an oil warning light recently?
 

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2012, 22:02 »
The only time the Mk3 beeps at you (AFAIK) is for oil pressure. This will come from the dash IMO. Check the oil level. Have you seen an oil warning light recently?
 

yeah thats the only time mine beeped when i had a dodgy sensor, was worried at first till i found out what it was  :rolleyes:

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2012, 22:37 »
tints are awesome keeps the sun off you and keeps car cooler in hot weather plus thieves can't see anything  :smiley: makes car look more agresive and generally a good upgrade from sh!ty normal windows  :wink:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2012, 07:28 »
Yeah but they fri your brain and make you post in the wrong thread  :rolleyes: :grin:

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 969
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2012, 11:43 »
I had an issue like this with my car,

When started from cold, it would start perfecttly, but whn driven and engine is warm, and i parked up and i tried starting it again, it would not start, I had my doubts on the crank position sensor & knock sensor, but it turned out to be the temp sensor, so i un-plugged this and it fired up straight away, so then i hooked it up on VAGCOM and the in car temprature needle was standing on 90, but on VAGCOM, it was showing me that its on 71, so that was the culprit, giving false readings, have a look at that.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 22 June 2012, 11:45 by GOLF-MK3-GTI »

Offline AcidicDavey

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
  • Not a VAG Owner.
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2012, 20:17 »
Right guys, I got the car started at about 9:30 but the car was hesitating badly when I tried to accelerate in any gear. I got home ok (15miles), turned the car off and on again, same fault. I could open the throttle about 1/4 of the way until it would skip and miss, went out to it again this morning, perfect! No issue or any warning lights at all! I think it might have been playing up as I had to drive up a very rough gravel track just beforehand and I probably shock the ecu about too much, sound plausible?

Anyway I think that beep beep noise is the Stereo lol, It makes that noise 5 secs after you cut the power to it lol, I've only just got the car so I'm still learning about the golf, very different to this lol
95 Volvo 480 2.0 Celebration

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: GTi 8v - Failure to start!!! Please help!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2012, 07:36 »
mate i was a volvo nut bofore i found th vw scene.
here is mine.

i gather you know what this is  :cool: :grin: