Author Topic: 20V T items  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
20V T items
« on: 21 June 2012, 17:50 »
right its time for me to ask one of these questions haha.

well as i said in the other thread iv got an issue with the engine and am thinking of 20v my car.
Bit newer engine and less miles than mine.

anyways i know what parts i need etc (luckily only a few because iv got a 16v)
but iv seen this engine (comes with a delocked ecu with remap which is good)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK4-GOLF-1-8-GTI-AGU-ENGINE-WITH-TURBO-ECU-AND-CLOCK-/170861736971?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c827340b

but say it doesnt have bits like water pump, alternator etc etc (all the small things that attach on the engine) can i use the ones that are on my abf?

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2012, 17:54 »
can't use those ABF parts, but those bits are not expensive or hard to source
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2012, 17:56 »
right cool. suppose not my mates always breaking mk4s sure i can get bits off him!
i was looking at around 600 for the engine and unlocked ecu, will just have to see if i can get this cheap... although its 250 miles away from me! lol

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2012, 18:01 »
right cool. suppose not my mates always breaking mk4s sure i can get bits off him!
i was looking at around 600 for the engine and unlocked ecu, will just have to see if i can get this cheap... although its 250 miles away from me! lol

Got everything engine with everything on it, gearbox and heaps of bits i dont even need for £400 in the end  :evil:

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2012, 18:02 »
my mates for the engine ecu and everything i need and said i could have it for 300 but im looking for an unlocked ecu now

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2012, 18:03 »
right cool. suppose not my mates always breaking mk4s sure i can get bits off him!
i was looking at around 600 for the engine and unlocked ecu, will just have to see if i can get this cheap... although its 250 miles away from me! lol

That's nothing I'm looking at an engine thats over 600 miles away from me.   :laugh:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2012, 18:14 »
my mates for the engine ecu and everything i need and said i could have it for 300 but im looking for an unlocked ecu now

Can allways just get the ECU unlocked

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2012, 18:19 »
how much is that normally?

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2012, 18:21 »
I got my ecu, mapped immob defeated and the unnecessary stuff mapped out, all for £200  :smiley:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Chris.

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,916
Re: 20V T items
« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2012, 10:11 »
Just as easy to code a key.

Wouldnt pay more than £500 for a full conversion now.  prices are sooo cheap.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton