Author Topic: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Turbotezz

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 120
  • New Dubber
16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« on: 20 June 2012, 08:35 »
Is it really just a simple and a bit of an adapter pipe?? Will it reduce the back pressure to much and make it driver crap?? All the hangers in the right place??? Would a VR6/16v decat pipe fit to my down pipe??

Oh, Coilover day today (only picking them up today tho, unless i get really bored lol)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 08:53 by Turbotezz »

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2012, 09:36 »
yes a 16v/VR exhaust will fit fine from cat back. just get rid of the reducer sleave on the 8v and the 16v/VR exhaust will fit the cat.
i have been told that the decat will also fit but i dont no for sure on that as i have never done it. but i no for a fact the 16v/VR exhaust will fit as iv done it myslef.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2012, 14:32 »
could i change my 1.4 backbox to a gti twin pipe one?  :rolleyes:
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2012, 15:06 »
could i change my 1.4 backbox to a gti twin pipe one?  :rolleyes:

if you use a reducer.

im actually looking for a cat back exhaust for my 8v. dont car if its from and 8v 16v or VR6 just need a cat back exhaust as all my baffles are fooooooooooooked.

Offline Turbotezz

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 120
  • New Dubber
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2012, 15:15 »
could i change my 1.4 backbox to a gti twin pipe one?  :rolleyes:

if you use a reducer.

im actually looking for a cat back exhaust for my 8v. dont car if its from and 8v 16v or VR6 just need a cat back exhaust as all my baffles are fooooooooooooked.

Same here chap. There is a stainless one on ebay brand new from the states all in £150 ish.

Theres a magnex looking cat back not too far away from me for good money on there too but its come off a VR6 thus the question.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2012, 15:45 »
Well as long as its from cat back mate it will fit.
Yeah iv been scanning eBay for weeks now looking for one. I don't even care if it's a standered one at the mo. just want one to replace mine. Also need a a downpipe aswell  :rolleyes:

Offline bigun

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2012, 16:46 »
I might have a standard one (cat back) available at weekend if I get the stainless system I've bought onto my missus car. Decent condition too. Any good for you?


Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2012, 18:18 »
I would defo be interested fella. But you are like a 3 hour drive from me. But Spose I could see how much a coriour is. Also depends how much you want for it tho mate.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 18:28 by stainesy »

Offline bigun

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: 16v/VR6 exhaust onto an 8v?
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2012, 18:39 »
Ah, need to update my profile! I live in Lincolnshire now (north of Stamford) so I'm only 77 miles away. I've got an office in Bedford so sure we can work something out.

Will let you know if it comes off ok at weekend - the back box did when I test fitted the other week so the mid section should too. Make me an offer. (its a straight twin outlet - should look nice with some chrome tips like).

Cheers

Paul