Author Topic: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Gloves88

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 609
Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« on: 17 June 2012, 13:27 »
Just a quick guestion, Is the driveshaft flange in the picture seated correctly?  :undecided:
(Excuse the poor quality of it - not a great picture taking angle)



Cheers

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2012, 13:42 »
looks ok, what issues are you having?
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Gloves88

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 609
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2012, 13:52 »
I bought a 'new' gearbox but it had one of the flanges missing so I took one off the old box and fitted it.

Just wanted to make sure that it was on correctly, looked like it hadnt seated properly.

It's a tap in type flange - how can i tell that it's the right one for this box? Gearbox is an ASD.


Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2012, 14:17 »
I haven't read this properly but give it a read it might have some answers :)
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Gloves88

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 609
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2012, 16:26 »
I haven't read this properly but give it a read it might have some answers :)

Cant see any links mate?

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2012, 16:39 »
lol yes I guess the link would be good  :grin:

http://brokevw.com/020flange.html
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline nolandubholmes

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2012, 10:40 »
did it also have a c clip ??? if uve tapped it on enough and the c clips back on then i think ur on a winner
aum no spec as no matter what i do il never be happy