Author Topic: What seats (other than OEM Mk3 Seats) will fit a 5dr Mk3 GTi without Modifying?  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Hongkongphooey

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
Hi

I'm looking to get a set of Recaros (or equivalent quality) seats for my Mk3. They must be black or black/red and preferably leather (or 1/2 leather).

I did see a pic of some lovely 1/2 leather (bolsters/main frame), 1/2 cloth (centres) Recaro seats that were black and red but not sure if they were suitable for the mk3? They were mostly black wih bits of red stitching on them.

Would Mk2 seats be an easy fit or is there some technical reason why this would not be possible? Any other options? I see that Audi s3 recaros can be had for reasonable money.

All advice appreciated.

Tom

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
How about Anni seats although they are all cloth.

Offline Hongkongphooey

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
Maybe yeah, where can I see the pic of them? Condition is the key for me, would pay the right money if they are in good shape

Offline Hongkongphooey

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
Just seen a pic of the MK3 Anni seats and if its the black and red checked ones then I'd say no, they look like Croatia's home shirt but worse

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
only seats that will fit easy are mk3 seats and there's not a big choice really (although you could look on ebay.de as they did loads of special editions with fancy seats fabric)

to fit from any other vehicle you'll need to get the mk3 subframes welded on..
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Hongkongphooey

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
Bradley, cheers for that, that's what I needed to know.

I'll take a look on ebay.de, good idea that

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Black and Red leather Colour Concept interior, been a few on Ebay :cool:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
colour concept are nice
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Here is a Black and Blue one on ebay at the moment, just keep a look out for a Red one. There have been a number over the past month so just keep looking.

Anyway, link to Black and Blue to give you an idea, Red where Blue is and Bob's your Uncle :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-golf-mk3-gti-vr6-2dr-full-blue-and-black-leather-interior-dub-colour-concept-/160824133120?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2571dd8600

Offline vwscottie

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
I may be wrong but dont some SEATs of the same age have the same seat fitment as the mk3 golf, as far as i know they use the same platform.
I know for a fact the mk1 toledo front and rear seats fitted into a mk2 golf without any mods