Author Topic: Downgraded the Golf  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Downgraded the Golf
« on: 14 June 2012, 21:01 »
As some of you may know I have recently been having a problem with a build up of pressure in my cooling system on the Anni. With me going on holiday soon and not wanting to wreck the Golf I decided to get a cheap runaround to allow me to sort the Golf and still go on holiday. I managed to spot a Passat estate in the local paper for £595. Went along as I have always liked the Passat Estate and much prefer the estate to the saloon model. Anyway it turns out to be the 1.6 SE model with a full MOT with just one advisories which was that the tow ball had been removed !!!  Tax'd till October. 2 owners from new and 76k on a recon engine with all the bills to prove. Took it for a spin and drives nice enough so managed to reduce the price to 500 quid. Been driving it now for a couple of days and is really comfy and nice to drive with no known faults and no codes from the fault code reader. Its a bit of an old man's car but for the money will do for now until I get bored and want my Mark 3 back on the road. Here's a couple of pics from when I got it. Gave it a good clean when I got it home.




Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2012, 21:04 »
Good buy at 500 notes, you'll easly make that back. For a second I thort you'd sold the anni!
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Dannyboi30

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 257
  • Golf GTI Turboversary
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2012, 21:08 »
same ere lol

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2012, 21:19 »
Not too sure what to do with the Anni.....sell it, fix it or engine swap for something meatier. Engine swap is last option as I can't really afford to do it properly, fix it is top I think as I am pretty sure it's the water pump seal that's gone and is therefore sucking in air. Sell it....hmmmmmm but I know I would regret it and miss it badly  :undecided: :undecided:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2012, 21:24 »
DONT SELL IT!!!!!! You will regret it, store it and use the pisrat then when your back from holiday and got a bit of spare cash fix it upto its former glorey
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2012, 21:29 »
I can do the work myself so not too worried but I fancy something with a bit more poke so was thinking of another VR before I got the Passat and seeing as it could be a weekend toy that is now affordable  :cool:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2012, 21:30 »
I can do the work myself so not too worried but I fancy something with a bit more poke so was thinking of another VR before I got the Passat and seeing as it could be a weekend toy that is now affordable  :cool:

Vr anni conversion  :cool:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2012, 21:38 »
yea put a VR lump in that annie
 :wink: :cool:
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2012, 21:46 »
Already crossed my mind but need to research what is needed.....obviously engine and box, loom and ECU but what else ??

Offline Dannyboi30

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 257
  • Golf GTI Turboversary
Re: Downgraded the Golf
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2012, 21:46 »
yea put a VR lump in that annie
 :wink: :cool:



+1 do it deano ya no ya wanna lol  :grin: