Author Topic: satin black rattle cans  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
satin black rattle cans
« on: 14 June 2012, 18:23 »
I posted this in cosmetic matters this morning but not expecting an answer in there any time soon


I'm soon going to be rattle canning my car satin black, do I need a specific type of paint or would any industrial paint work?

cheers
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2012, 18:30 »
Really? Satin black? Looks sh!t!

Satin blue or green would be a better choice

I would never put cheap sh!t paint on a car too

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2012, 18:55 »
rustolen paint some even use rollers. photos of before and after be cool?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2012, 19:01 »
Don't roller looks worse then stain black

Use this paint

http://www.montana-cans.com/products/Cans/Montana_GOLD/Montana_GOLD_400ml/61#

Cheap, easy to worth with and sh!t loads of colours to choose from
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline harlemex

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,023
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2012, 19:24 »
Where can you get that stuff from, website doesnt show england. Looks good stuff and like you say, loads of colours tho.  :cool:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2012, 20:55 »
pretty sure i seen that stuff on ebay for only £3 i think! seen a video on how the paint don't drip pretty impressive! go YELLOW! not bright yellow.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2012, 09:10 »
if its a sh!tter, like my old polo, i did a £30 paint job, by using dulux exterior grade high gloss, thinned down to 50/50 with std thinners, applied through a spray gun, onto Red oxide primer, nobody, ever believed me it was dulux untill i showed them the cans......

they do exterior grade satin too......

heres my lil joker of a polo... a car that didnt take itself seriously pmsl


Offline CM690

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 426
  • Golf MK4
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2012, 10:29 »
if its a sh!tter, like my old polo, i did a £30 paint job, by using dulux exterior grade high gloss, thinned down to 50/50 with std thinners, applied through a spray gun, onto Red oxide primer, nobody, ever believed me it was dulux untill i showed them the cans......

they do exterior grade satin too......

heres my lil joker of a polo... a car that didnt take itself seriously pmsl



I actually like that :huh: :smiley:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: satin black rattle cans
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2012, 11:04 »

I actually like that :huh: :smiley:
[/quote]

A Lot of people did to be honest.. I did it that colour as thats what i had left over from painting a customers windows, soffits fascias & bargeboards lmao

but it was a cheapo do fer car as a stop gap, that i ended up welding in so many repair patches as it was taken over by rot, i just had to call it a day at somepoint...
« Last Edit: 15 June 2012, 11:06 by Dogbot »