Author Topic: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???  (Read 3480 times)

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
Ok so it’s just a bit of chat/query I have really. A couple of Sundays ago I was travelling home on the A1 with a speed limit of 70mph and got flashed by a forward facing speed camera. I was clocked doing 82mph and received a ‘Notice of intended prosecution’ am I right in thinking this will be three points and a £60 quid fine?

Also has anyone had any experience with speaking to the police about any of this? A bloke at my work said write a letter to go with it explaining that I have a clean licenses and that I am sorry for my mistake blah blah blah…. It won’t happen again. If I a honest I do not see this working but wanted to know if anyone had done anything similar? 

Just one more thing…… anyone that is thinking of replying with ‘ you were speeding you deserve it’  please don’t bother, I do not drive like a lunatic , and anyone that says they have no exceeded the speed limit YOU ARE LYING.
Thanks
 :grin: :cry: :grin: :cry:

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Re: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2012, 09:06 »
Yeah, your more than likely looking at 3 points and a fine.

Take them up the arse and enjoy the insurance hike!

But like you said, we all do it, just watch out for those jeffin cameras!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2012, 09:10 »
Cheers for that lol

not think there is a chance i can go on one of the dikie seminars as its a first offence?

Yea i saw the camera at the last minute and decided against slamming my brakes on, due to it being wet.

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2012, 09:13 »
Dual carriage way or actual motoway?
first offence, same as RJ 3 points comming your way! 

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2012, 09:16 »
Dual Carriage.

When can you opt for a seminar then?

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2012, 09:21 »
They can only offer it, but with such a small speed over limit it will be fixed penalty if you were doing 90 different matter!
keep any letters short and sweet if you have a valid reason why you were doing those speeds (usually emotional one)
then state it what ever happens you will get points though, usually the fine is based upon income so if you have no money then state that.

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2012, 09:30 »
I thought the seminars were more expensive i.e. £100 but relieved the fine and points?

might state I am skint and have no money and a young child.... ha play that card or I might go for the I had a lorry right up my chuff and had to speed up to get a safe distance as I felt under pressure from the large vehicle behind me.

i really dont think any of this will help but got to be worth a shot.

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2012, 09:42 »
I REALLY wouldn't bother with BS letters to them.  You don't want to risk saying the wrong thing and escalating anything, do you now?

You'll get offered the course once you've fessed up to the offence.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2012, 09:47 »
No nonsense response Diamond Hell, thanks. Do you know any more about the courses do they relieve the points + fine or not?

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2012, 09:56 »
I REALLY wouldn't bother with BS letters to them.  You don't want to risk saying the wrong thing and escalating anything, do you now?

You'll get offered the course once you've fessed up to the offence.

TBF I've done a letter for someone else DH and they got let off it was a short sweet letter stating they were in the wrong, but with mitigating circumstances!