Author Topic: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« on: 12 June 2012, 12:14 »
The title is pretty much self explanatory, but does anyone know the rough cost to get the debadged grills sprayed?

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2012, 12:30 »
Buy a spray can of paint! :rolleyes:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2012, 12:45 »
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2012, 13:28 »
debadged and spray can it, youll need primer, your colour, and clear coat.  one can of each should be fine so no more than £25 MAX!
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2012, 14:16 »
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge

I have a debadged grill in black for sale  :wink:


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2012, 15:10 »
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge

I have a debadged grill in black for sale  :wink:

Sorry mate, I have already got one in black plastic whic I am just looking at getting sprayed.


Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2012, 16:01 »
Do it yourself, its easy mate

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2012, 17:33 »
Just sprayed a silver one dragon green. Rub down, spray primer, rub that down x2. I did two coats of primer because of stone chips. Spray colour, two/three coats, rub that down and then clear coat. Rub down and buff, or plenty of t-cut. Use the t-cut after 24 hours. Might find the new grill will have a better finish than the car like I did  :grin:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline GolfGL

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 679
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2012, 20:08 »
When i painted my old GL debadged grill in dragon green i used halfords rattle cans and the match and quality were spot on. however if i was doing silver or a light colour id try a proper shop. imagine they would want £25-50
adam
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2012, 11:08 »
Thanks for the advice, it is dark blue. I think a rattle can is the line i shall go down.