Author Topic: fault code  (Read 2011 times)

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
fault code
« on: 10 June 2012, 20:59 »
So I bought the u281 scanner and I've got these codes on my 16v I need help with
First one is 02 sensor voltage low g39 code:00525
Is this the sensor near the throttle body or the wiring to it?
Second was in the srs scan about supply voltage b+ code 00532
This is airbag related right?
The 3rd was coolant temp sense but that's self explanatory

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: fault code
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2012, 21:17 »
oxy sensor is the one in you ex manifold  :rolleyes: fault to ground, check wiring, probably shorts out to gnd, otherwise could be sensor.
airbag fault code could be wiring issue as well.

temp sensor can be sensor, they do go wrong sometimes (but rarely get picked up by ecu as a fault!), so it is either completely gone or wiring issue.

with all these error also check you ground connection from battery to chassis, maybe this could be an issue as well (though normally you'd see other symptoms if that was the case)
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: fault code
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2012, 22:07 »
Not worried about the airbag one to be honest as the light works fine, but the 02 sensor would that cause loss of power?

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: fault code
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2012, 22:18 »
yes it can, ecu uses the signal from the o2 sensor to check and alternate the mixture...
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: fault code
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2012, 23:45 »
So does it mean lambda sensor or the one in the bay, cause I've searched online and when typing oxygen sensor all it comes up with is the lambda? Sorry to sound dumb  :undecided:

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: fault code
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2012, 09:35 »
All sorted  :wink:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2012, 10:44 by mrsaunders »