Author Topic: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???  (Read 7523 times)

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« on: 10 June 2012, 12:53 »
It has been mentioned by Wayne and a few more of you guys that although it looks good, deleting wing repeaters will be a MOT failure.

Question to you all, if I fit a US spec bumper and wired up the marker lights as repeaters will this count as a PASS???


Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2012, 13:17 »
They are not wing repeaters they are side repeaters!

So as ling as you have a side repeater it will pass. Front bumper is US spec. I want to put a LED in my wing mirror. Is doesn't matter where it is as long as you have one.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2012, 13:42 »
They are not wing repeaters they are side repeaters!

 :grin: Yeah, I know, was playing it safe as some people call them wing repeaters so I thought I'd wing it  :grin:

I was also thinking of fitting LED's to some Cult Society Lupo style mirrors plus the marker lights in the US Spec bumper.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2012, 14:09 »
That will pass dude  :wink:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2012, 15:06 »
If your running a white car then just fit clear ones.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2012, 15:09 »
Is this the type of LED's you have been looking at for your mirrors???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-13-Car-Mirror-LED-Yellow-Soft-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Lamp-Light-Waterproof-New-/270993894131?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f187eaaf3


No. I am thinking about drilling a 10mm hole in the mirror and flush fit a 10mm orange LED. I put clear sealant over the hole also.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2012, 16:22 »
i like thos us spec bumpers. Think these will look ok with a vento front end?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2012, 16:38 »
See what you think, picked a couple of White ones for you, don't know why :grin:



I like this :drool:


Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2012, 17:15 »
Yeah mate I love US spec mk3's. Front bumper is dope but Im just saying I want them in the mirror. I really want US rear end and skirts.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr